Samsung Tab + EVO

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of purchasing the Samsung tab as a xmas gift to myself. I'm still debating since they both will be 2.2 just bigger scrn size.
any motivations ?

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
um, the bigger screen size:)

Though, really. The tab is not a phone, so it's like having a laptop that's more portable and you can use on the go. Though I'm tempted, $600 for a laptop without a keyboard is a little steep.

The Evo's screen is big enough, and my 13" HP is portable enough. Though, I may change my mind, if I have $600 free to waste.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really, if the screen size isn't selling it for you, you're probably not the target audience for it :p

The real purpose of one would be for the increased screen size, for better lap usage (extended usage).

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been torturing myself about this all day... I think I'm at the conclusion that the Evo and available tablets thus far are too similar to really justify the price point. Though, I don't know. I mean for me, I think of the tablet sitting on the coffee table and being great to catch up on some sports news while I'm watching a game, or tweeting or checking out a Wiki about some show or movie I'm watching. I know I can do all those things on my phone but the larger size seems appealing to me, for these purposes. The Evo is great but the larger screen size is easier (I think, I haven't ever used one).

I think though even if I won't be doing "tablet critical" tasks that I still want next generation hardware and software on my next android device.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If it helps enable you, you might consider that I have an ipad in addition to my EVO and I love it!

It is wonderful on long plane flights, both for screen size and battery life. And I use it at home most every night to browse the web or watch Netflix.

A Tab would be similar but less satisfying IMO. Smaller screen size and less battery life. Partially offset by sharable Apps with your EVO and because it isn't fruity! But I really do love my ipad.

My view is that Android pads aren't quite ready yet. But if I didn't have my ipad I'd seriously consider one anyway.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yea guys this thing have me thinking. I did the math and the 3g version is not financially smart for me as i already pay the $10 for premium data. i'm 80% sure i want it the other 20% is that i'm going to be doing the samething i do on my EVO. The scn size is good tho. I have few wks to sleep on it.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to CES, where there should be plenty to choose from just after Christmas. Needs Gingerbread for the higher resolution screen, IMO.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mickey made it a point to say that the Galaxy Tab, is extremely well made and feels more future tablet than the ipad does. I'm sure the software support (official or otherwise) will be there for android 2.3 / 3.0. Keep in mind, Google did just put a giant gingerbread man on their front yard...

I think I may get a galaxy and have hopes to upgrade it. I can't go ipad, I'm already invested in to the google market and would like to use the same apps on the tab. I just don't want to be kicking myself when Tegra2 / Android 2.3/3.0 tablets are coming out in droves in Q1 2011.

Yes, I keep going back and forth on what to do.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to CES, where there should be plenty to choose from just after Christmas. Needs Gingerbread for the higher resolution screen, IMO.

I sort of agree with this too - based mainly on what Google has said. I am going to look at the Tab, might even get one for at least 29 days - :) - but I am also interested in an iPad (I had an iPhone before my EVO and thus have many apps). I still like the interface of iOS better than Android but the EVO on Sprint is a better phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty