Visual Voicemail to Text Update/Trial

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Why not just forward your voicemails to Google voice? That's what I do... all of my voicemails are there, transcribed and all done for free.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Why not just forward your voicemails to Google voice? That's what I do... all of my voicemails are there, transcribed and all done for free.

what exactly is your set up and procedure to do this? is it seamless and automatic or is it a manual kludge?

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
As an added bonus, Google's transcriptions are hilariously inaccurate and make for a good laugh. :) Seriously, they're usually in the ballpark enough that you get the gist of it and know what it's trying to say, but they're usually good for a laugh just the same.

Google has instructions online on how to setup the forwarding for Sprint. It's as easy as dialing a code and then your Google Voice number, if I remember correctly -- very simple at any rate.

/Kevin

xpanmanx

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Why not just forward your voicemails to Google voice?

Google Voice rings for 25 seconds before transferring to voicemail. It's a hardcoded setting and not adjustable by the subscriber.

The 25 seconds is in addition to however long the call rings out at the mobile handset.

I just stopped using Google Voice(mail), because my callers won't wait for >25 seconds to leave a message. They get the impression that something's wrong, and drop the call before Voice answers.

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice rings for 25 seconds before transferring to voicemail. It's a hardcoded setting and not adjustable by the subscriber.

The 25 seconds is in addition to however long the call rings out at the mobile handset.

I just stopped using Google Voice(mail), because my callers won't wait for >25 seconds to leave a message. They get the impression that something's wrong, and drop the call before Voice answers.

That's definitely not how mine works, and to be sure, I just tested it. I called my EVO (setup for Google Voice(mail)) and it rang about 5 times and then instantly gave me my Google Voicemail recording.

If it were as you said, I don't think ANYONE would use it. Clearly it's not working that way for everyone. :) Mine works just as I want it to work, which is just as you'd imagine it should work. In the exact moment that the regular Sprint voicemail would pick up, Google Voice(mail) picks up instead. No additional 25 second delay. No way.

/Kevin

RTan

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone read the fine prints in the GV? They will use your messages for their internal use. You have to give up this right if you want to use GV.

xpanmanx

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I called my EVO (setup for Google Voice(mail)) and it rang about 5 times and then instantly gave me my Google Voicemail recording.

Hmmmm, well, I know what I happened to me ... if I dumped the call, GVmail would ring for ~25 seconds before going off-hook and playing the greeting. If I didn't answer, the call would ring out at the mobile handset for ~15 seconds, and then transfer to GVmail.........where it would ring for ~25 seconds before answering.

There are enough Google Search results in favor of my experience to make me think that you must be a very fortunate man, indeed, if GVmail is working as you've described. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty