Evo *clicks* when in camara mode...

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm new to the Android Central Forum but am familiar with the format, it's exactly like the PreCentral forum. So, I've searched the forum (in hopes of not starting a redundant thread) and couldn't find the answer.

When I am in Camara mode, touch the lower left pics to veiw pictures (and vice versa) the phone makes an internal *click* noise. Is that normal?

Sorry if this has been covered...I suspect it has.

Thanks,

Derek

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so checking again for this "click", I did hear it. In a completely silent room, with my ear literally against the camera's lens. That was the only way I could hear it. Even then, it was extremely faint, FAR less loud than the vibrate motor.

So if it's so loud that you guys are just hearing it at random, sounds like something is wrong with your phone.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so checking again for this "click", I did hear it. In a completely silent room, with my ear literally against the camera's lens. That was the only way I could hear it. Even then, it was extremely faint, FAR less loud than the vibrate motor.

So if it's so loud that you guys are just hearing it at random, sounds like something is wrong with your phone.

or maybe you have bad hearing or wax build up? i recommend a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. be gentle.

good luck.

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine makes the noise as well. Always assumed it was the auto focus. The camera focuses like it should so I'm guessing everything is working just fine :)

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
or maybe you have bad hearing or wax build up? i recommend a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. be gentle.

good luck.

Nice try, but no. Even my microphone can't pick it up, it's that faint. I'd say others who have their cameras making a loud audible click have a defect.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nice try, but no. Even my microphone can't pick it up, it's that faint. I'd say others who have their cameras making a loud audible click have a defect.

I find it's more noticeable when the battery temperature is higher, say 95F+.

But when the temperature is "normal," which is like 82F with my phone, I don't hear it. This makes sense as it's a bi-metallic strip system that focuses the lens, so temperature would definitely have an effect on it.

Either way, I would never describe it as "a loud audible click," just a sound that is noticeable if you're new to the phone. A defect? Perhaps, but it hasn't had any negative impact on the performance of the phone.

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine makes the noise and has from day 1. Everything works perfectly, it's just makes a little click when turning the camera on and off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87