Swimming EVO

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So as I carelessly tried to wash dish, and talk on my phone at the same time. My Evo decided it wanted to take a little dip in the sink! I tried to catch it to no avail :( Tried to blow dry it, then switch to the rice neither fix worked. Called Asurion currently awaiting the arrival of my new device!

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You are smart to have insurance!! Glad you got another phone.

If anyone reading this, doesn't have insurance, you might try the following.

I accidentally tossed my HTC Touch Pro into 2 feet of water. It was under water for about 3 minutes, air bubbles pouring out. But I got it back to life and used it for another 2 years with no problems, here's how:

Immediately remove the battery and didn't attempt to turn on for at least 3 days. For several hours, I put the phone in front of a strong fan, with the back cover off, to blow air across it. No heat-that will cook the phone. I rotated the phone several times. Then I got about 20 packets of dessicant (saved from ones that were included in purchases over the years, I knew I was saving them for a reason!) and placed the phone and 10 packets into a zip lock and rotated the other 10 packets the next day. If you get the clay dessicant, they can be reactivated in a low oven. I've been told rice works. I would think you would need to switch it out atleast every several hours.

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to hear the phone turn on after 4 days!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes rice or silica beads work really well. You do have to take the battery out immediately and not try to turn it on. You definitely don't want to use heat. That will speed up corrosion on the circuit board contacts.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My mom keeps forgetting to get insurance for herself. Is there a maximum amount of days before they say no to getting insurance?

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
within 30 days of purchase or after a paid repair or activation of a new esn. open enrollment was just in march so we will see how often that comes back around but that's the only other time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez