EVO with AIRAVE

keekerkoo

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with texting while on an airave with their EVO. Cant receive texts from nonSprint phones while on an airave Help

anon(45526)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if its the Airave or not. I'm in South Carolina and have been having text message issues since Friday. I'll send one message and the recipient will get it four times. I've been getting the same two messages from ESPN for two days (over 20 times). I use the Airave as well, but the issues are happening everywhere.

keekerkoo

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
airave/evo

We have 4 phones in our house 2 evos and 2 instincts The 2 instincts no problems of any kind 1 evo has problems with only non-sprint phones texts while on airave off airave everything ok on airave calls and internet ok but cant receive texts from non sprint phone , sprint phone texts ok anywhere the other evo is away at college and is doing fine and the one time home on the airave everything was ok ????? help

keekerkoo

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Evo / Airave

I've not had any issues with text messages using my EVO and Airave as far as I know.

Our Evo on airave you can send texts and receive from sprint phones and some texts sent to nonsprint phone come thru multiple times texts from nonsprint phones either do not come thru until out of airrave range or come thru but cannot be opened ?

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. I have a couple of friends on Verizon and a couple on AT&T that I text pretty regular, and they have never said anything about the things you are describing. Maybe it's been happening and they just haven't said anything. I'll have to ask around and see if that's going on here as well.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i don't have an airave. but my boy and his mom on verizon have been known to take up to 6 hours before receive or sending any texts to or from me. no issues with att or tmo.

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an airave back at the PT apartment, but haven't had any problems like you are describing. Maybe a little more controlled experiment to see if it can be narrowed down to the airave? I'd try... the following:
1: Use the instinct to send/receive a text to/from the EVO
2: Use the instinct to send/receive a text to/from the other instinct
3: Use the instinct to send/receive a text from a phone on another carrier
4: Use evo to send/receive to/from phone on another carrier
5-8: Repeat all without airave (possibly at different location with at least a decent signal)

Not saying you haven't noticed all of that incidentally, but it may help figure out/demonstrate if the airave is the actual problem, as opposed to just assuming it is.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i have noticed if your account is some what past due the airrave seem to act up. disconnect your airave and try again. watch how a bunch of txt will arrive that u have not seen before

keekerkoo

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
airave/evo

OP, it sounds like a translations issue, you need to open a ticket with Sprint and have them investigate.

Talked with Sprint tech support They said they are aware after getting many calls and they are working with the EVO and Airave makers to come up with an update to correct the problem. They said it came about when change from daylight savings time to Eastern Standard time which makes sense because thats when my Evo started having the problems with the Airave before the time change things were working fine !

gggplaya

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
exact same problem here with my airrave 2.0 and my evo. Most of my friends have ATT and sometimes i can't even send a text, and sometimes don't even get texts from them.

I'm trying to send a text right now, it just keeps kicking back as failed. I tried restarting my evo, updating prl, profile, and software. It's running factory OEM sprint froyo software, it's not modded at all. I even went so far as to do a full reflash back to bare bones software with no apps. Same problem.

Please, if you figure out what it is, post it on here.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
exact same problem here with my airrave 2.0 and my evo. Most of my friends have ATT and sometimes i can't even send a text, and sometimes don't even get texts from them.

I'm trying to send a text right now, it just keeps kicking back as failed. I tried restarting my evo, updating prl, profile, and software. It's running factory OEM sprint froyo software, it's not modded at all. I even went so far as to do a full reflash back to bare bones software with no apps. Same problem.

Please, if you figure out what it is, post it on here.

The txt does goes out to the receiver but your phone keeps trying over and over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty