About to get an EVO phone.. Current palm pre owner).

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, all.
First post here.. I currently own a palm pre phone, and I'm interesting to know more about the Evo phone. Is it worth getting, and how better it is than the pres.

Thanks -:cool:

chrisz

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Rush, is that you Buddy? evo rocks compared to any pre. After using evo for a month now, the pre feels like a toy.

Sent using taptalk.

Reactions: RUSH

Chuckl

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just made the switch a week ago. Don't regret it one bit, this phone is Awesome.
I was very hesitant and waited and waited.
Just do it, you will be impressed.
If not, you have 30days to switch back to your pre.

Reactions: RUSH and doc69

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rush, is that you Buddy? evo rocks compared to any pre. After using evo for a month now, the pre feels like a toy.

Sent using taptalk.
Yep, about to have both of the best. This is now my new home. :D

I just made the switch a week ago. Don't regret it one bit, this phone is Awesome.
I was very hesitant and waited and waited.
Just do it, you will be impressed.
If not, you have 30days to switch back to your pre.
I was too - always bashing androids. Maybe my love for webos blinded me. :mad:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just finish ordering my Evo.. Putting down my palm pre, too much painful memory of that forum.

Looking forward to better and brighter things, and a more attractive forums.

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I keep asking....Is there a way i can make another page to put apps in? or is there a way i can search for apps
YESSSSSSSSSS! I just read that andriod has a Chase mobile app!...YESSSSSSSSSSS!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL...You know whats funny. This guy just made a webos appreciation thread on Precentral yesterday LMAOOO!
I know... right! One of the best thing in life are changes. Nothing wrong with that. The love you have for someone/something sometimes blind you to anything else.

I'm just trying to keep my past the way it is.(The past)

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
i made the switch from pre to evo in july, have not looked back for a second.. i like every single thing about the evo, and everything works perfectly unlike the flakey pre

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You will miss gestures and cards a little, but it's a small price to pay for much better harware and software.
Precentral has a great community; I'm sure much of that great community is transitioning or will be transitioning here.
No more TMC warning, no more burning hot device, no more amateur hardware, no more limited apps warehouse, and surprisingly fewer signal issues and dropped calls (which I was blaming Sprint for).

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! I left the Pre back in June. Like many was hoping for a faster processor & better hardware. WebOs is a wonderful OS, but at the moment the Evo is far superior. I only had a hard time with the size, which only lasted about 3 days and now I think I would be lost with anything short of 4 inches... Hope you enjoy the Evo as much as I have.

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I resisted the switch for a long time. I switched two weeks ago and other then the size of the phone (which I love and hate at the same time) I haven't missed my Pre at all. It truly was a great phone, but the support for it never really lived up to the potential of the phone. There are things I'm going to miss about my Pre but the Evo world is huge and still growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.