has anyone else's EVO been really laggy lately?

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone is super laggy and worse with 4g. My wife has the same one...no issue at all. I had the Epic but returned it on day 28. Starting to wonder if I did the right thing. Maybe I'll try to root it if I can grow a pair.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My phone is super laggy and worse with 4g. My wife has the same one...no issue at all. I had the Epic but returned it on day 28. Starting to wonder if I did the right thing. Maybe I'll try to root it if I can grow a pair.

You need to look more into the issue.. Again you most likely have a rogue app, or something is causing the CPU slowdown. Try using SystemPanel lite and see if any apps are using too high of CPU. Again I know about 5 other people including myself with Evo's and no lag what so ever. Also the 4G lag is a documented issue, and fixes for it were shutdown or update profile and it would fix it.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

My friend..I would go and get that Epic back..Processor is twice as good and the screen..Missing a few features but the phone is silky smooth with only 2.1

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Generally, if you need to micro manage android, something is off, sprint is upgrading their network fierce, expect glitches. Verizon going to LTE has caused some laggy network issues...if your ram is needing management, something is wrong, I have had a DX for 3 months.....never had to "toy" with it to get it to run right.....

Reactions: missmax

smithe68

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been laggy, I tried the different steps, it's better, but I agree that the Epic is a bit faster/smoother even with 2.1. One thing I have wondered about, everyone says don't use a task killer, but when I check, tons of stuff is always running whether I want it too or not. Using a task killer seems to work for a little bit but even a startup killer wont keep stuff from running that doesn't need too.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I've had my phone rooted for months now but finally grew a pair last week and tried flashing a ROM. I went with CyanogenMod 6.1 and so far so very good. No 4G or HDMI aren't too much of a loss for me since I rarely used either. As for lag, I've never experienced any so far. It also helps that I end up rebooting at least once a day because I rotate between three batteries. Even with the rebooting I would experience lag between battery changes with the stock HTC Sense.

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
i dont know where all the people saying the epic is "smoother", i had an epic for about 2 months and i prefer the evo hands down. in fact i traded my epic for an evo a few weeks ago. here are my issues with the epic:
1. the form factor feels extremely cheap compared to the evo.
2. it would constantly reboot on it's own (i went through numerous factory resets in order to sort this issue out with no luck)
3. the physical keyboard is a waste of space, epecially since it runs swype
4. it would get extremely hot with minimal use, which would also cause reboots.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
No lag here. Mine is running as fast as ever. Its way faster than every Epic I have tried. I'm running a rooted stock rom and loving it!

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually 3g is plenty fast I agree

I agree, WHEN you have a strong 3G signal. The area I am in on the north side of Orlando has better 4G than 3G but neither one is strong. I complained to Sprint but they blame it on local zoning not allowing towers. Government of course denies this.

Because both 3G & 4G are weak, I generally leave Wi-Fi on when I have a good Wi-Fi signal, especially at home. I do not see a lag when using Wi-Fi.

Having said the above, I just had to get my Evo replaced because the battery would only last 2 hours. (When new in June it lasted 36 to 48 hrs.) I suspected a rouge app but could not determine what the app was. I am now adding one or two apps back as needed to see if one causes problems. As suggested I will give System Panel Lite a try.

Walter

digity

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
this is confusing... first off, you need to decipher whether its a lag in network connectivity OR responsiveness of the apps or OS. 4G issues or checking rogue/hungry apps are two completely different causes (network vs. cpu/ram)

Second - in addition to rogue apps/services, check for mail accounts that check mail routinely and may be stuck in a cycle (takes longer than usual to authenticate/download/send) and apps that auto download/upload data in the background, use push notifications or may also be stuck in an erroneous cycle

My EVO has been running super smooth ever since the Froyo update and since I got out of the "installing tons of apps and running them with all the bells and whistles on because I can" phase.

Cyberdan3

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It also helps that I end up rebooting at least once a day because I rotate between three batteries. Even with the rebooting I would experience lag between battery changes with the stock HTC Sense.

That is unbelievable that people have accepted having to swap out 2 or even three batteries to get through the day!! The Evo should never been released if this is the case.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty