EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

Mark Turner

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm gettign the update, it starts installing, and then goes to the triangle-exclamation mark. I then have to remove the battery to get it off of that. I tried it three times, letting it sit for 3 hours the last time before removing the battery.

Any ideas? I had unrEVOked 3, but restored the backup I made before installing it. I do have HBoot.

Maybe I need to un-unrevoked.
----------------------------------------
OK, I did the cache wipe, factory reset, restored a backup from pre-unrevoked. I still have the S-off at the top of the boot screen, so that means I still have unrevoked? I got the triangle again, too. Maybe I just don't do this update.

Last edited:

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Never got the update...in all fairness, I am not that upset...

Anyone else NOT get it?

Nope, I didn't get it yet, but I think it's my phone. It still sits and spins on 'checking' after I do a manual check for HTC software update. Grrr...

Everything I have read sounds like I need to do a hard reset, but I'm waiting until after the holidays. Plus, losing the streaming doesn't sound like a good thing, lol, there's bound to be a fix coming soon for something that important. Right? Right!? (lol)

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm gettign the update, it starts installing, and then goes to the triangle-exclamation mark. I then have to remove the battery to get it off of that. I tried it three times, letting it sit for 3 hours the last time before removing the battery.

Any ideas? I had unrEVOked 3, but restored the backup I made before installing it. I do have HBoot.

Maybe I need to un-unrevoked.
----------------------------------------
OK, I did the cache wipe, factory reset, restored a backup from pre-unrevoked. I still have the S-off at the top of the boot screen, so that means I still have unrevoked? I got the triangle again, too. Maybe I just don't do this update.

I would recommend unrooting your phone then doing it, or waiting for the rooted version of this update to become available; or, forget the update altogether. That's what I did primarily because so many people have said this update messes up badly their video and audio streaming.

dee_sea

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Definitely enjoying my tunein radio stream as I respond to this thread. Maybe a full erase weighs help, although it shouldn't b necessary...just verifying that at least someone is streaming w/o issue.

About the full erase, I just wanna recommend this move. Having my device for six months, my tests were showing slower quadrant speeds than a standard evo and was just above the Galaxy S series. Now w/ the update I'm running only slower than the Nexus 2.2 standard...great optimization if the background is clean I guess, and I assume I'll have some improved battery life. Yay!

Well I hate to disappoint but tunein radio is the only streaming radio app that still works...and def not the best of em

dee_sea

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm new to this forum but have done a decent amount of reading around. Anyways, I haven't rooted yet (regretfully), and d/loaded the latest OTA (regretfully), and after doing so, am experiencing certain problems the have just about made the phone useless as far as my standards go. I can't stream from my favorite radio apps, my 3g coverage has gone to shi in areas that it used to perform top notch to the point that it even switches to roaming in the area I spend the majority of my on phone time in (the same area where I consistently had 4-5 bars pre-OTA) & is almost unbearable to even browse the web w/, and I've got a mystery "big brother" HTC loggers app along w other waste of space apps. First, is there ANY way to rollback to the previous OTA 3.29 (I have hardware 0003) and any way that I can root now that I've made such a dummy move update w/o reading into it first. Any help would be appreciated!

minimalposter

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Where is the Swype keyboard? I don't understand...

In any text entry area (such as a text message) tap and hold the area that you would enter text. An option will pop up and you should choose input method then swype.

Like many I am a little annoyed about the beta swype issue and my battery life has seemed to tank lately ... still not going to complain though

Doozle

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing a major change in battery life after the update? I went from 12-16hrs life on light use, mostly texting, push exchange email, a light surfing to tqake the phone of its charger at 7am and only 25% battery life left by 11am. Anyone else?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, perhaps I won't tell anyone here that after speaking to a supervisor at Sprint on an issue, I was told that this update is, in fact, causing major problems. It also doesn't appear that they think there's much they can do about it either.

4cdndctn

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing a major change in battery life after the update? I went from 12-16hrs life on light use, mostly texting, push exchange email, a light surfing to tqake the phone of its charger at 7am and only 25% battery life left by 11am. Anyone else?

Strange--- Once I turned off Blockbuster's auto updating I actually see an improvement. I have heavy use between 8am-7pm and used to have 15% left, now I have 25-30% left. Calls/text/email all day on 3G or WiFi, I don't use 4G.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Under Settings>Applications>Running Services, there is a running service under the "market" tab called "AlarmService". Does anyone know what this is? Also, there are the PVMtpServiceStart and PVWmdrmServices running. I read that they may be for the Blockbuster app. I would like to stop them from running.

rawlo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get rid of this blockbuster app that just popped up on my evo? Im not sure what else has loaded on my phone since this last download.

rawlo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh and whats up with the drop calls. Is the sprint 3g network having issues. I have been dropping calls before and after the download on my evo and on the old instinct.

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
As I said earlier, this update has a lot of flaws to it. Very few people are experiencing no problems at all. Personally, I'd skip this altogether. Of course, too many folks just "have to have" the latest and {in this case not so} greatest thing.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
As I said earlier, this update has a lot of flaws to it. Very few people are experiencing no problems at all. Personally, I'd skip this altogether. Of course, too many folks just "have to have" the latest and {in this case not so} greatest thing.

Have had no issues with mine what so ever.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Apps like Root Explorer or Titanium Backup should be able to delete any bloat apps you don't want.

Arg trying titanium back up while doing a temp root with Z4, It is just causing the phone to reboot when tring to uninstall. I guess I will have to full root if I want to get rid of these?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty