Hotmail EAS

jyong80

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Been having problems recently with the HTC mail app and hotmail using the POP settings. Anyone using the stock HTC mail app and hotmail EAS? If so is it working well? Thanks for the info.

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Instead of using POP, you might want to try adding your Hotmail account via ActiveSync. The information for it is here:

Windows Live Hotmail gets Exchange ActiveSync

I know this didn't work properly for me when I tried a couple of months ago, and Android is not officially supported yet. I've heard a few people say that it seems to work a lot better with the 3.70 update, though. I haven't confirmed this firsthand.

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I was not able to setup my my Hotmail/Live account before the 3.70 update, but I was able to set it up afterwards. However, I did flash a rooted stock-ROM, but I am guessing the newfound EAS ability was due to the update and not because I rooted.

Too bad the HTC mail app only supports one EAS account :(

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. webOS supports multiple EAS accounts. In many ways, I miss webOS.

I still have my Pre sitting on my desk (it main job these days is to stream Slacker/Pandora while sitting on the Touchstone). When Microsoft announced EAS support went live, I set both my Hotmail and Live accounts up on the Pre anyways ... so easy to dismiss the notifications.

I still find myself swiping every so often on my EVO, 6 months later :)

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was not able to setup my my Hotmail/Live account before the 3.70 update, but I was able to set it up afterwards. However, I did flash a rooted stock-ROM, but I am guessing the newfound EAS ability was due to the update and not because I rooted.

Too bad the HTC mail app only supports one EAS account :(

You can always install another mail client that supports multiple EAS accounts.

merlenej

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Android Exchange Active Sync

My HTC Desire comes with the option to set up an Exchange Active Sync e-mail account. I have tried setting up my live.com account and have had no luck. I used the following settings:
server: m.hotmail.com
username: full email address
domain: blank
I am SOOO frustrated---why does it appear as an e-mail option but it won't work? I have searched forums and getting no where. I am aware that android is unsupported but there are many androids users using it. My HTC desire has the 2.1-update 1 firmware.
Can anyone help me??:confused:

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Support is spotty at best. EAS didn't work at all on my Evo until the recent software update released by HTC. Before then, account creation would always fail. I hate to say it, but you may be out of luck until Android support is improved.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy