Weird Issues I can't find answers too!

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Evo since July 22 and it is a build 0003.

I have been having a few issues that are kinda weird and I have taken my phone to a Sprint store but they claim it is just network issues and not a problem with the phone itself, so they won't do a warranty exchange.

Everyday since this past Saturday I have noticed that my data quits working on my phone after 7:00pm (EST) No email, facebook, web browsing nothing.

I have to pull the battery and put it back in and then my data will start working again.

I really don't have that many applications downloaded nor am I using an app killer, but can this really be a network issue for the past 6 days especially seeing that after I turn the phone off and back on it fixes the issue?

By the way it happens in different locations, I haven't been in the same place once this week that it has happened.

I have also been noticing that voicemails aren't coming through all the time either. The past few weeks I have noticed that I will get vmail alerts sometimes 6 to 7 hours after the person called.

I always seem to have a good signal and I am mostly in a strong signal area.

Any ideas on what could be up? I have updated my PRL and I am on the latest software update.

Thanks!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If all those troubleshooting didn't work... then It's obvious that the phone is defective. I don't see why Sprint wouldn't exchange the phone. Try calling HTC and discuss the matter with them. They should be able to exchange the device for you.. as long as It's still covered under warranty.

Ps. Before calling HTC, do a full complete reset of the device - just to see if that would fix the problem.

Note; There is a thread on how to do a complete reset of your phone.

Good luck.

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You know, I don't really suggest this, but I know a guy with an Evo who was having a really odd problem. It wasn't exactly like yours but it was one of those that didn't make any sense and Sprint refused to replace the phone and he had the insurance.

After about 5 trips to Sprint and several tech calls over the phone he gave up and dealt with it for about 2 weeks or so.

Then suddenly wouldn't you know that phone quit working for some odd reason? Sprint said apparently whatever was causing his reoccurring complaint must of totally broke and the phone just stopped powering up. They replaced it.

Most ironic thing ever.

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Well I did the complete restore, and it couldn't have been an hour before all data services were down again. So it has to be a problem with the phone.

Back to Sprint I go, may try going to a different store.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I would call sprint customer care and have them reset the data connection on your account it won't take but just a few minutes to give them a call. I would just call them up and explain that you can't use you internet or anything that uses data services.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i had this 1012 error nobody knew how to fix, the store tech guys were on the phone with sprint themselves and no one could figure it out. when and if you get a phone check it well my replacement had blown earpiece and the camera lens was all scratched and had backlight bleedthrough so I had to go back 2 more times til they fixed everything. i would try another store and tell them the last store couldnt understand why it was doing what its doing and neither could a phone tech. they should have been more helpful.

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
This issue is happening on both 3G and WiFi.

Sprint reset the data on my account but it started doing it again.

So now they are telling me to delete all applications and see if that helps.

I don't understand what else I need to do to get a warranty exchange.