So 4G finally released in my area

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Where exactly are you? Are you sure its available where you are? Can something be blocking your signal.

First thing to do is to contact your carrier and discuss the issue with them first, before thinking there is something wrong with your phone.

Good luck.

WhitePhone

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yet its not working... It says searching for signal and does that for a half hour. Help please!

Well, first check the coverage map for your location. Next, are you inside? And what floor are you on? If you are downstairs, forget it. 4G will not be nearly as reliable as 3G.

WhitePhone

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Shows my city isn't (sprint coverage map)but multiple sources say it is.

That probably means you are in a testing area that is getting ready to launch. It will be more reliable once its official. If you are eager to try it though, to get a good signal, first, try it in multiple locations. Then, try going to the top floor of your house or wherever and try going near a window or set it in the window sill and go to settings-wireless and networks-4G settings- tap menu, then scan.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Works for me.

Maybe you should call the people whose job it is to help you with your cellphone service? An entity like Sprint perhaps, because I doubt anyone here on these forums can press a magic button to give you WiMax service.

docbrew

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just because Sprint says they turned on 4G in your city doesn't mean it has the same coverage as 3G. Nashville has had 4G for a while now but I almost never get a 4G signal. It's very spotty even downtown so much so that I don't turn the 4G radio on anymore.

I'm not sure what the requirements are (if any) for Sprint to say they have 4G coverage in a city but it sure can't be much.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I live in the Portland, metro area up here in Oregon. Granted we DO have 4G in my area, but where my house is, there is no 4G and I do live with in the city limits, just on the south end of town on the edge of some historic wetlands. If I want 4G coverage i have to travel more in to town, towards Beaverton and even Portland.

So just because you may have 4G coverage in your area does not mean its there at your house.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
consider yourself lucky if you're getting 3G ... and I don't buy Sprint's "coverage" map anymore than I'd buy a bridge from some guy on the street.

According the "map", I should be getting a strong 4G indoor signal in my house. (looks down at phone and sees the little ROAMING triangle and not even a 3G icon lit up)....I mean their map says strong indoor, so worst case I should at least have a decent 3G signal no???

I had a similar coverage issue with a BB Bold from Sprint that I had upgraded to from a Curve. The Curve always had a great signal in my house (the primary reason I left ATT many years ago) but the Bold sucked I bought the Evo after being told it would solve all my problems and make me rich as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett combined.

Ok - the last part is BS, but the Sprint personnel assured me the coverage issue would be solved with my Evo....and clearly it's not....