Recently took a video, tried to play back, but getting "Sorry, this video cannot.."

Ground Beef

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I recently took a video (it was 3 minutes long) and tried to play it back, but I am getting a message stating "Sorry, this video cannot be played" message, when I try to play it. Furthermore, in my 'Gallery' where the video usually displays the first frame and the 'play' arrow, I am getting a a weird icon with an exclamation point. Is this video recoverable?

Please advise. Thanks!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest trying to copy the file to a computer and try to view it using VLC or some other multi-format media player.

Unfortunately, it is possible that the video is borked.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Try restarting the phone... Sometimes it's possible to fix the glitch that way. And tapping on the video a few times might help too.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the video file got corrupted. Did anything interrupt the recording of the video (incoming call, bump the home key, etc...)? You can try a retart, but if you can seen and play other video files and not this one, then it may be lost for good. It sucks when your technology fails you but it happens from time to time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch