'HTC Shooter' could be the EVO 3D, some specs revealed

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Sign me up for that....if HTC can finally manage to get battery life to meet the competition (and I'm not just talking about apple...even compared to comparable motorolas it lags behind...having to run so many custom rooted settings just to get my EVO through a day is absurd....)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm super excited •> for (1) I'm on the Sprint network. •> (2) I'm sticking with Sprint and I'm not going anywhere. •> (3) I want to have a phone other than my Evo to brag about. •> Last but certainly not the least - I love HTC phones.

So, all you Thunderbolt enthusiasts, if the rumor is true <•> "hahahaa!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Going to keep an eye open this. About time Sprint started to put out more android phones that can compete or blow the competition away.

Still love the evo and going to keep it for a long time.

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Awesome news. Was getting worried that I wouldn't be getting a new phone around my birthday if it doesn't launch this summer. I hope if it is true that the launch isn't as delayed as other phones such as the Thunderbolt.

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trading my 7 months old EVO anytime soon. It does 97% of what I want it to do. If the rumors are correct, there's still not much the new EVO can do on top of the old one (I guess 3D is the obvious). What good are higher performance games if you can't keep the battery alive?

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
THIS!!!

I'm super excited ?> for (1) I'm on the Sprint network. ?> (2) I'm sticking with Sprint and I'm not going anywhere. ?> (3) I want to have a phone other than my Evo to brag about. ?> Last but certainly not the least - I love HTC phones.

So, all you Thunderbolt enthusiasts, if the rumor is true <?> "hahahaa!

deputyjones

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am stoked about this phone. More excited than self-respecting any man should be about electronics.

I was very afraid the Evo2 would come in with less than spectacular specs.

A larger battery would be nice, but I am willing to continue carrying an extra battery.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This would be a much better announcement if Sprint didn't remove my yearly upgrades by downgrading me to Silver perks. =(

Just going to have to wait and see what Sprint comes out with next year.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited for the phone, but since they changed the way their Premier program works, I couldn't get it unless I paid full price (minus, what, $75) ... excited, but sad all at the same time :( ...

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by changed the way their program works? Do we not get upgrades at new customer pricing at 1 year anymore?

If that's the case, it'd be cheaper the pay the prorated ETF and head elsewhere...

blackroseMD1

Nov 23, 2010
www.standupforkids.org
What do you mean by changed the way their program works? Do we not get upgrades at new customer pricing at 1 year anymore?

If that's the case, it'd be cheaper the pay the prorated ETF and head elsewhere...

Starting April 1st, if you have a plan that costs you less than $89.99 a month, you no longer get yearly upgrades. Also, they aren't grandfathering anyone in. My upgrade was due in June...now I don't get it.

Sent from my Gingerbread Supersonic 4G

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Starting April 1st, if you have a plan that costs you less than $89.99 a month, you no longer get yearly upgrades. Also, they aren't grandfathering anyone in. My upgrade was due in June...now I don't get it.

Sent from my Gingerbread Supersonic 4G

...Well that perk certainly didn't last long, did it? I guess they were hit hard by the eleventy-thousand people that upgraded their Pre to an EVO (like me).

Does this constitute a material change to my contract, allowing me to leave without an ETF? Because one of the main reasons I've stayed with Sprint was for the "new every year" program.

Reactions: DigitalNight