'HTC Shooter' could be the EVO 3D, some specs revealed

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
depends on what you see you coming out in the next year. or my case what knowledgeable people you trust think is coming out in the next year. I have heard of quad core, but I'm not sure that will be viable on cell phones.

I chose to replace my ipad with an ipad 2. this is giving me an interesting experience of wat dual core versus single core means. the graphics processing on the ipad 2 is much better than it was on the ipad 1. this makes a difference on graphical games. it also makes a surprising difference on rendering websites. it was the improved web browsing that moved me to upgrade my ipad. the battery life of the new model ipad really is as good as the old one. this suggests that there is some truth to the story that dual core is more efficient than single core. if better graphics or number crunching doesn't appeal to you, it maybe wise to wait to upgrade unless you're desperate to have a 3D phone! (heh)

I'm lucky enough to be a gold premier member, so the upgrade decision is easier for me. i'll be rocking an EVO 3D by the middle of june!

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the Evo 3d as well too. At first I was thinking of getting the Galaxy S2, but really, the only thing that's nicer on that phone is the screen. However, I have seent he difference in the screens between the Evo and the Epic, and yes, the viewing angle is better on the Epic, the blacks are blacker, but, on the other hand I get a higer screen resolution and a 3d screen. On top of that, I like Sense, and HTC makes a quality product and is no slouch when it comes to doing updates. Do the early benchmarks of the Shooter bug me? Yeah, but they are still way better than the one my Evo cranks out. Do I wish the Snapdragon 2 had A9 based cores, yep...but....that's what next year is good for... I do like my Evo, I like the size and shape, and it's still pretty speedy. But I also like to play pretty games, and it kinda sucks at that. I feel like the PC gamer trying to run new games on a Celeron powered rig using the onboard graphics card. It is the one thing that bugged me about the Evo even before I bought it and made me look upon the Galaxy S with envy. But no more, I am sure the Evo 3d will chew through all games out there without any problems.

Also, storage space, that alone is reason for me to upgrade to the Evo 3d.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing the EVO 3D. Sounds like it could be fun.

As for the Galaxy S2 thoughts above...no way I'm buying any phone that has software dependent on Samsung.

crgrapid

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
thought of sticking with my evo but the dual core, ram and internal memory are starting to persuade me the more i read about it

ilkhan

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This would be a much better announcement if Sprint didn't remove my yearly upgrades by downgrading me to Silver perks. =(
Starting April 1st, if you have a plan that costs you less than $89.99 a month, you no longer get yearly upgrades. Also, they aren't grandfathering anyone in. My upgrade was due in June...now I don't get it.
thought of sticking with my evo but the dual core, ram and internal memory are starting to persuade me the more i read about it
Yes to all of these, as I'm among the people who bought the evo on launch day (and in my case changed from an employee plan at $20/mo) to do it. As somebody giving Spring $90 every month (TEP/taxes), the premier situation REALLY pisses me off.

The EVO is still $200 from Sprint, so selling and buying full price shouldn't hurt too much more than an actual upgrade. Also doing that doesn't change your contract date.

Spruce1969

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Sticking with my EVO

I am not about to trade in my Evo anytime soon, it does everything I need to do. If HTC came out with the EVO 3D with a battery that could last all day without recharging then I might reconsider but for right now, I am happy with my EVO.:)

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Starting April 1st, if you have a plan that costs you less than $89.99 a month, you no longer get yearly upgrades. Also, they aren't grandfathering anyone in. My upgrade was due in June...now I don't get it.

Sent from my Gingerbread Supersonic 4G

so up your plan that month to qualify then down grade next month