receiving pixelated video....

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Who are "those same friends"?
I think the problem may have something to do with crappy cameras on some phones, and the absolutely great resolution on the Evo.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Remember in order to recieve a video via text it will need to be compressed quite a bit.

Even sending via email will need to be compressed to even send.

Last of all remember their kind of phone and the difference in your phone. If their phone has a crappy camera expect crappy results. Its like watching VHS tapes on a HI def TV
Chances are your screen is double the size then you had. Now when you stretch the video to match screen size it will pixelate.

eddiekane811

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I see...... is there any kind of viewer I can download or set my evo to better view these vids.... all I know is one is on t mobile and she lives 1000 miles away and the way she talks about her phone its crappy...... if I could somehow dumb down my viewer to continue to enjoy sharing with them would be great!!!!!

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
honestly IMO no matter how you do it. . . .If you feed crap in, your gonna get crap out.

This is the same concept as watching low deff vids on a bigger hi deff tv. They will look like crap because not shot for the correct resolution of your tv.

case in point take a vid on your point and shoot camera and then hook it up to your +40" TV screen and see what it looks like.

So unless you know how to set your Evo to display in a smaller picture box, likely not.
You can change the display settings though under settings, but I dont know if that will help. I think I only recall seeing 720P and Auto in there

eddiekane811

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your help!

Ok, and auto doesn't do it either....I decided to load them onto my mp3 player and view from there. That's definitely Lo def.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo