Notification from Amazon about streaming MP3

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got a notification on my EVO about problems streaming with the 3.70 software. I think it was from the Amazon MP3 app. It said to contact Sprint and let them know you are having problems. Anyone else get this? Maybe this will get Sprint/htc to finally fix the streaming problem with the last update.

nostradukemas

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the notification, but haven't called yet. I'm curious if anyone who has the Amazon recommended update has any other issues with his/her phone that popped up from this update?

leanaf82

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I called and they walk me through some setting changes using my phones msl. Their is a thread about this fix somewhere. It seems to work so far.

Sent from my EVO.

stlrfan78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Dang sprint, i talked to tech dept. And they said htc is working on the fix...i never got talked through a process to upgrade over the phone!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I called and they walk me through some setting changes using my phones msl. Their is a thread about this fix somewhere. It seems to work so far.

Sent from my EVO.

This fix is what i did 3 months ago and have not had a issue since. Call sprint, get your msl number,, go to thread, follow instructions, in one minute streaming issues will be fixed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JamesKBoyd

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the message too, and I called this morning. The woman I was speaking with put me on hold for a minute while she spoke with the tech. department. She then came back on and said that there were a few steps that she needed to do on her end, and that I needed to do nothing. She did whatever steps she was talking about, and all is well.

Saphira

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone getting this message, or are they able to find certain people with this problem?

I recieved one but it wasn't from Amazon it was from HTC and it told me to contact Sprint.

I might go talk to my local sprint repair guy and see what he says. He know's me a little too well. (from my Palm Pre day's)

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the message and the rep had no clue what I was talking about and said 4g was out in my area and that was the issue... only there is NO 4g in my area to begin with. When I asked for my MSL number he sounded confused and then the connection dropped... or he hung up/.

slseed

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried the exact thing mentioned in the thread on my Evo and as soon as I modified the proxy server to 0.0.0.0 the EPST app force closed. Now every time I try to open EPST it force closes. When I reboot and try again, I can see all other parts of EPST, but as soon as it tries to load the proxy values it crashes again. I tried the Amazon streaming and still no dice.

I'm on the stock rom with root.

Last edited:

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the aboved mentioned fix. Using Sppeedtest here is what I received using 3G no wifi:
Download 1112 kbps
Upload 623 kbps

Is the poor, average or good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38