Problem switching back to Handcent from Swype

dwilli

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So after 3 months with Swype I didn't like the way you have to HOLD the phone with one hand and SWYPE with the other so I went back to Handcent but the keypad is only QWERTY when I hold the phone in landscape mode. When it's in portrait mode it uses a phone-type keypad which is really, really annoying.

Can anybody help? Should I re-install? Uninstall first?

thanks.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the fix for you.

You can get into it from the: Settings > Language & keyboard settings, but here is a faster way, so that you know you are changing the settings for the correct keyboard.

Make like you are writing a text message in Handcent. WIth the keyboard open, there should be a gear icon above the microphone button to the left of the spacebar. Longpress this and you will go into the keyboard's settings.

Go to the top option "Keyboard typoes" and select "QWERTY." Then just hit the "back" button until you get back to your Handcent app.

Reactions: dwilli

dwilli

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the fix for you.

You can get into it from the: Settings > Language & keyboard settings, but here is a faster way, so that you know you are changing the settings for the correct keyboard.

Make like you are writing a text message in Handcent. WIth the keyboard open, there should be a gear icon above the microphone button to the left of the spacebar. Longpress this and you will go into the keyboard's settings.

Go to the top option "Keyboard typoes" and select "QWERTY." Then just hit the "back" button until you get back to your Handcent app.

Weird...with the keyboard open I have NO gear icon ( in landscape OR portrait) but I did find it in Settings>language & keyboard settings. Thank you!!!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Weird...with the keyboard open I have NO gear icon ( in landscape OR portrait) but I did find it in Settings>language & keyboard settings. Thank you!!!

Hmm, maybe that's because I use the HTC IME_mod keyboard instead of the stock HTC.