Was the EVO sms bug ever fixed? Still using HandCent?

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It's been quite a while now since the SMS bug and I never saw any resolution for the EVO. Sammy fixed their Nexus S apparently. Was that ever fixed for EVO? I've been using HandCent ever since (which I quite like), but wondered it that was still the preferred method to keep the problem at bay. Was there a small update pushed out that I didn't notice?

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the forum search more recent that January.

The bug is still on their it will be interesting to see if the Evo 3d has the same issue

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The sms fix is in android 2.3.2, so until we get that (we already do if your willing to root and rom) the bug will be present.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing much...It's a problem like you're texting your girlfriend, and it goes to your wife instead...EEK!!!

I've never had this happen, but something that sounds similar is I've clicked on a text thread of one person and it opens another thread. In which case if that is the problem people have had, they should look at the name of the person they're texting if it's an already open thread.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
same thing with the epic 4g even with handsent sms although the text was to my friend and it got to my girlfriend has happend like twice but no incriminating messages either just business. :)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I love Handcent and was wondering when I put it on my 3D if I have a Handcent folder that was on my SD card from my EVO if I copy that folder to my new phones sd card will it save my settings or am I going to have to reconfigure each persons settings all over again?

metroff1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but I've been using handcent since the day I picked up my EVO. However, I recently began using Go SMS Pro and overall I think I like it better. There are more customization options and I think the ui is a little more user friendly. Just wanted to share.