Sync issues after latest GB update

Lok3sh

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Yesterday I finally updated to the latest version of GB for my EVO. Version 4.24.651.1

Earlier I had the stock version of FroYo rooted by Unrevoked. Yesterday, I put the Odexed version of the rooted update to my root of the SD, went to recovery, cleared cache and davlik cache and then applied the update from sd card. It installed GB fine. The problem I have now is that its doing something weird with syncing! My Google Voice and Gmail do not push notifications anymore and they dont refresh themselves in the app! I have to manually go into the app and hit refresh! I've cleared data and un installed voice and re installed it and still no go. Could anyone tell me whats going on?

Thanks!

Lok3sh

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Also sometimes the sync circle on the top just comes on and goes off and comes on and goes off constantly... I tried switching off and on the background data and sync on my phone but still nothing

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Yesterday I finally updated to the latest version of GB for my EVO. Version 4.24.651.1

Earlier I had the stock version of FroYo rooted by Unrevoked. Yesterday, I put the Odexed version of the rooted update to my root of the SD, went to recovery, cleared cache and davlik cache and then applied the update from sd card. It installed GB fine. The problem I have now is that its doing something weird with syncing! My Google Voice and Gmail do not push notifications anymore and they dont refresh themselves in the app! I have to manually go into the app and hit refresh! I've cleared data and un installed voice and re installed it and still no go. Could anyone tell me whats going on?

Thanks!

Give this a try. Try a fresh install of the ROM. Make sure to do a full wipe before installing it. Inside of recovery...do a factory reset, wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, boot, system, battery stats. Then give it an install, oh and don't forget to flash the latest radio updates. After which you should be all good. Also keep your PRL and data profile up to date to make sure you can receive optimal signal. :) Quick question.....what recovery are you using?

Lok3sh

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I had no doubt that it would be fine after a system wipe. Which I did and its fine now... But I was hoping I would not have to re install all my apps and stuff. Ah well. I'm using CWM.