[Official] Cyanogen Mod 7 Nightly thread

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally we are for real the EVO Shift is listed on the Cyanogen website and our little speedy is getting the Nightly updates on its way to an official release.

As the nightly updates roll out you can get them at this link:

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

The official discussion is at this link:

[NIGHTLY] [CM7] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum

As always with Cyanogen Mod 7 nightly updated ROMs don't bother to report bugs here there or anywhere else these are experimental releases so be warned these ROMs are not supported. Cyanogen Mod nightly release ROMs are not supported do not report bugs... Did you get that or do I need to say it again.

Enjoy
:cool: Dave

Reactions: crump84

boobie1292

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep loving the cm7 one thing i miss from the evo is the amount of roms..but eh as long as i have cm and bnice does miui im happy..love this phone

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Titanium Backup won't restore my apps on the latest build. Little annoying having to go back and re download EVERYTHING!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been just installing the new updates over the old without wiping and I haven't had any issues. Have you tried that?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been just installing the new updates over the old without wiping and I haven't had any issues. Have you tried that?

I said latest build like I've previously flashed Cm7, but I flashed for the first time this morning. I was running the MikShift ROM so I went ahead and wiped everything. I guess once I get everything downloaded again I'll run another backup and should be good when Cm7 updates roll out

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I said latest build like I've previously flashed Cm7, but I flashed for the first time this morning. I was running the MikShift ROM so I went ahead and wiped everything. I guess once I get everything downloaded again I'll run another backup and should be good when Cm7 updates roll out

That's not titanium that's causing your issue its the fact that your Bach is from a Sense ROM. You will find that some of the program backups are different between AOSP and Sense. I keep a Titanium Batch for Sense and a separate batch for AOSP so when I change ROMs I don't have to re do everything.

>>>----Beep---Beep---Speedy---Beep--->

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I was having problems getting a GPS lock so I decided to do a full wipe and reflash. I made sure I made a backup with titanium backup. I went into titanium and did a batch restore, it went through the whole process and after it completed nothing was restored! I tried to do apps and data separately and still no dice. I went in and tried to restore everything manually and if I did apps and data it failed, if I did just app it says it restores but its still not there! Not really sure what the issue is, guess I'll have to download everything again. And yes I made my backup from cm7 this time, so I'm a little confused.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I was having problems getting a GPS lock so I decided to do a full wipe and reflash. I made sure I made a backup with titanium backup. I went into titanium and did a batch restore, it went through the whole process and after it completed nothing was restored! I tried to do apps and data separately and still no dice. I went in and tried to restore everything manually and if I did apps and data it failed, if I did just app it says it restores but its still not there! Not really sure what the issue is, guess I'll have to download everything again. And yes I made my backup from cm7 this time, so I'm a little confused.

I've never trusted TB to actually backup anything of mine I only use it to delete things. I use mybackup. Its a free app that actually backs up everything you have, data/settings/apps/homescreen/everything. And when you do a restore its a complete restore of everything. I like it best because you can use it between android devices. Give it a try, I've seen a lot of posts lately about CM not working properly with TB.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Crump did you do a soft reset when Titanium finished running the batch? You have to soft reset after the restore for everything to take effect.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info big D... I didn't know that. Guess that would explain why all of my settings where restored after I flashed a kernel :-!

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if im being a noob but what is the difference between this rom (Nightly) and the CyanogenMod-7 V7.0.0-RC4.1? I finally broke down and rooted my phone yesterday and installed that rom and I love it. Which one is better?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if im being a noob but what is the difference between this rom (Nightly) and the CyanogenMod-7 V7.0.0-RC4.1? I finally broke down and rooted my phone yesterday and installed that rom and I love it. Which one is better?

The one you are using the nightly updates are buggy test ROMs I would stick to the one your running.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I was wondering the same thing since there was a new nightly released today, this is what I found. I'm basically copying and pasting.

This is straight off the CM wiki

CyanogenMod comes in two types: Stable or Experimental.

* Stable versions are those where all known issues have been addressed and resolved.
* Experimental versions are those where new features are being added, modified, and tweaked, and there are known bugs that are being worked on; these minor versions that end with -test or -RC in the name are experimental in nature but less beta and more release candidate.
* Nightly builds are daily compiled builds from the source, therefore have the latest features & tweaks, but will are mostly likely to break due being fresh, not fully tested code.

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks guys. Was getting so confused with all the roms. Glad I chose the right one then. One more thing, the rom im running is already overclocked right? The quadrant system info shows:
Current Freq: 1017.6
Max Freq: 1516.8
Min Freq: 245.76

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
By default it runs at max 1056 MHz/ min 245 MHz. You can change this without even downloading anything from the Market. Go into setting > CyanogenMod setting > Performance. You can change the CPU settings from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez