Keyboard Issue

haspyo

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The physical keyboard for my Evo Shift 4g is having an issue. Rather, I'm having an issue with my keyboard. Whenever I press the "B" button, instead of entering 'b' in the text box, my phone takes me to the internet. It doesn't happen with any other key, and the virtual keyboard works fine.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted & running a different rom or standard stock no root? Often times if your rooted its best to wipe the cache & dalvik cache to try & fix that.

haspyo

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Standard everything. The only difference is I use Handcent SMS. Might as well close the topic if possible now. It must've fixed itself because it isn't doing it any more.

jakelaw#AC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That happens with me evey now and again, the S button will also take me to the google search page. I have never been able to find a cause, it is probably some built in shortcut thing. The only remedy I have ever found was to restart the phone. I also have the problem where I am typing in a text and all of a sudden it will scroll up to a previous text. Haven't figured that one out yet either.

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The physical keyboard for my Evo Shift 4g is having an issue. Rather, I'm having an issue with my keyboard. Whenever I press the "B" button, instead of entering 'b' in the text box, my phone takes me to the internet. It doesn't happen with any other key, and the virtual keyboard works fine.

That is caused by the default shortcut key Search+B. Check to see if you have a stuck or sticky Search Key (the little magnifying glass key).

Or you can change the Default shortcut. Do Menu/Settings/Applications/Quick Launch. There you will can Change or add as you see fit.

Reactions: Morgore

Morgore

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was having that same issue... clicked the heck out of the magnifying glass to make sure it wasnt stuck and the problem is gone.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Occasionally, you may brush the search button by accident (it doesn't take much pressure) and that triggers the search mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty