Samsung Galaxy A53 Wifi issue

Man1ck

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi thanks for reading,

I have scoured the internet looking for an identical issue I am incurring to no avail.
Basically the Samsung Galaxy A53 Unlocked I bought from Amazon is having an issue retaining wifi.

After a couple days or if I ever disconnect from my wifi by leaving its range, my phone's wifi setting turns off completely, and will not turn back on.
This is not an issue of not being able to reconnect to a specific network, but rather the setting on the phone to enable wifi refuses to turn back on.
This happens when I enter airplane mode or land off of a flight, as it also struggles to reconnect to mobile data when this happens.
The only temporary fix that has worked is resetting network settings, however the issues simply occurs again and I don't want to have to reconnect to my network and bluetooth devices every 2 days.

Additionally, testing this is safe mode, while in safe mode I am able to turn the wifi setting back on and reconnect, again a temporary fix for the issue as it occurs again soon after.
Does the fact it works in safe mode imply that I have a problem app installed on the phone? And if so, how do I identify which one?
Or could this just be a hardware issue that I will have to get repaired by Samsung under my 1 year warranty?

Thanks for the help,

Man1ck

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Samsung warranty evidently doesnt allow for me to just replace the phone. They said I would have to drop it off at a "repair fullfillment center"
Dealing with Samsung is an option or if you purchased it from a seller which allows returns on Amazon, you could just return it and order another.

Reactions: rvbfan

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You said that in Safe Mode, you can turn wi-fi back on -- but does it turn off again while you're still in Safe Mode? If the wi-fi works completely normally in Safe Mode, then that would suggest something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away (or do a factory reset again without automatically installing your usual apps, and then install your apps one by one, testing the wi-fi after each installation).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With factory reset the problem sometimes is you restore things back from previous back up so something from there could be a glitch and make it seem factory reset didn't work.

Try going settings>general management>reset and reset the network which will reset all Bluetooth/mobile /WiFi password

Also try in same settings>reset settings just Incase something didn't carry over good