I have the evo shift 4g in my hand

What is the most important to you?

• Total voters

nbunn3

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Evo Shift 4g. Its right here. I bought it from Radioshack on the 6th. Its AMAZING. The screen is probably perfect size. Its a brilliant display, i held it next to a DX and the color wasnt even comparable (shift wins). It has a nice feel to it. Everyone saying its a downgrade, haha no. I hardly ever use the keyboard thanks to SWYPE (had to install myself), however it is better than the EVO. The screen is smaller, but looks better. Benchmarks i got 1543 twice!!! And of course im still running stock. I dont know about battery life yet, due to only having it for two days, and of course, ive been draining it FAST checking out all it has to offer. If you have ANY questions, feel free to PM me or ask on here. You want be sad i promise.:D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
too bad the graphics look awful. Could have been a really nice phone. Personally, I would see it as a downgrade from a DX, since you say you don't even use the keyboard. Phil's video on the homepage isn't flattering for the device, colors look very dull.

nbunn3

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
too bad the graphics look awful. Could have been a really nice phone. Personally, I would see it as a downgrade from a DX, since you say you don't even use the keyboard. Phil's video on the homepage isn't flattering for the device, colors look very dull.

Its definitely not a downgrade from the DX. And where did you get the colors are dull? HAD to be his camera Its got colors more vibrant than my friends galaxy S with a SAMOLED. It looks like a HD screen.

Zardos

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had the worst experience so far, very slow data, dropped calls, sprint giving me the run around with trying to get it fixed.

I've called customer service 7 times now, if they can't get it fixed today I'm taking it back and possibly switching carriers.

bcnice20

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had the worst experience so far, very slow data, dropped calls, sprint giving me the run around with trying to get it fixed.

I've called customer service 7 times now, if they can't get it fixed today I'm taking it back and possibly switching carriers.

Y not just fix it yourself I had crappy data speeds at first till I did this

Get z4root app

Run temporary root and wait for it to finish it takes a little while

Download msl reader from the market

Run it and write down the number it outputs to you

Go to the dialer app and dial ##3282#

Hit edit mode and enter the msl number you got from msl reader
Then click on data profile

Hit menu then restore your phone will reboot and go through hands free activation again without wiping any data at all

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, why this, if quite a few people are having some many issues like slow data, slow or lost connections, why should we even consider buying a device such as this? If you root a phone and do all these maneuvers wouldn't that invalidate the warranty?

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone is having the issues. My 3g speeds on the shift are the same as my evo

Sent from my Evo4G from wherever i happen to be standing.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So, why this, if quite a few people are having some many issues like slow data, slow or lost connections, why should we even consider buying a device such as this? If you root a phone and do all these maneuvers wouldn't that invalidate the warranty?

I agree that not everyone is having issues. I for one have not had any. The Shift works great. However these are all electronic devices and some might have a few bugs. I mean, look at the Nexus S. That phone has a lot of problems. I bought 2 of them and sold them both. Sure some of the problems can be fixed with an ota update and some are hardware issues. Another example is the Evo. When that came out, that too had some issues and was fixed with an ota update and now its a great phone.

But this is the first issue I read pertaining to the Shift. And to me its not even a big issue. Data/call issues could be fixed by taking your phone to sprint or doing what the other poster posted, which isn't a time consuming job. It takes all but 5 - 10 minutes and its well worth it if you're having those type of issues.

I've had all models of the iphone, Evo and now the Evo Shift. Even though I still have my evo, I like the shift a lot. Its a pretty neat phone and I'm glad I snatched one up.

This was sent shifting on my EVO Shift 4G using Tapatalk

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I think "a few people" would be a more accurate assessment than "quite a few people". I'm getting better results with this phone than any smartphone I've ever owned.

Can you name even one smartphone that released without some handsets having some issues? Just one, that's all I ask. Tell me one smartphone that ever released without some handsets having issues. --- You can't do it. It doesn't exist, and never will exist.

Smartphone technology changes at the speed of light, and even then consumers are not happy. "I want something newer; something faster; something bigger; something..." The smartphone market is not for the feint of heart. Those who are not excited by the "game" should stay on the porch.

riggsandroid

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would have it in my hands but Best Buy told me they couldn't sell me the phone because I wasn't a "platinum" Reward Zone member. LOL. Legally their hands were tied...

I"m going back in the am...LOL.

I may wait until the 18th.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
LOL...just got back from BestBuy now....convinced my lovely parents to switch from BB to android......they both got the SHIFT....not irelevant to this thread but completely hilarious watching them try to figure out how to use the OS...gonna be a long day for me HEHE.....but they seems very responsive. quadrant test ran around the same as my OG EVO....perfect for them....i have big hands so it dint feel that comfortble for me.....enjoy everyone...really seems like a great device

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I would have it in my hands but Best Buy told me they couldn't sell me the phone because I wasn't a "platinum" Reward Zone member. LOL. Legally their hands were tied...

yeah supposively you have to be a reward zone member.....i didnt know that until ii got there,.....my parents have that stupid reward zone credit card too.....so they were able to do it.......but it seems very promising man.....if you dont mind a smaller screen its really no different from the OG EVO....im holding both of them right now......id recommend it bro......but it al comes down to preference yaknow?

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Are there no Radio Shacks near you?

riggsandroid

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are there no Radio Shacks near you?

My upgrade isn't until 2/1.

I'm going to buy the phone outright then return/rebuy after my upgrade (just to get it 3 weeks more...LOL)

BB has no restocking fee and Radio Shack has a 15% one that would apply. Sprint won't move my upgrade up more than 2 weeks, so I may just wait until Jan. 18th.
:(