Is there something like 'Good Lock' in the Motorola ecosystem?

PhoneBalone

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
Recent (like3 days in) convert to Moto world with an 23 Edge+. Took advantage of a Best Buy Open Box deal that ended up at a price comparable to what S23FE has been going for, with much better specs.

While most 'vanilla' things are comparable (if in slightly different places), so far I haven't found 'automation' functions like those provided by Good Lock (and its add-ons like theme park editor and wallpaper / icon editors. Has anyone here found an approach that works?

A little thing that delights is the 'tap to screen capture' gesture - and some of the provided gesture shortcuts. It would be really cool to be able to have 'custom' gestures that did specific things, like launching specific apps or switching from Work to Personal profiles. For example, a Z gesture launching Zoom and starting the 'generic' meeting.

Reactions: TxDoc

PhoneBalone

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
Have you looked at using a different launcher, such as Nova launcher? It'll handle all of the things you're looking for....
I looked at it for personalization a while back on a LG phone - and for that, it may well be the ticket - albeit at a price. Back then, it was a bit flaky - which could have been LG.

I didn't think (and play store highlights didn't show) any automation stuff - like 'if it's 9 PM on a Friday, and a message with 'we're on' from 'jane' came , set wallpaper to 'sultry' and sound theme to 'motown', set spotify playlist to ;romantic'..
Now - the above is a bit a stretch - but there are time-driven things like turning on 'DND' after 11 PM, and setting screen to 'warm'. color family.

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
Automation would be handled exclusively by an app such as Tasker, or Automate, which are in the play store. Your launcher will handle gestures and look.
Icon packs can be installed in conjunction with Nova launcher....

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
While most 'vanilla' things are comparable (if in slightly different places), so far I haven't found 'automation' functions like those provided by Good Lock (and its add-ons like theme park editor and wallpaper / icon editors. Has anyone here found an approach that works?
I have no experience with Good Lock, but MacroDroid will handle your automation needs - very powerful and user-friendly.

Reactions: PhoneBalone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter