Qwerty Keyboard problem

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I am typing with the qwerty keyboard on my shift it will almost act like it glitches and then the screen with go upwards. I will have to scroll back down to where it says tap here to enter text and click on it again to start typing. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

big_bopper

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was going crazy or that I had hit the screen by mistake, but this has happen 2 or 3 times to me as well. I use the keyboard all the time and have only seen it those times, so I'm not sure what was causing it.

Also, it happen only when messaging not while on the web or poking around.

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I mean its not really that big of a deal and will eventually be fixed with a new OS or something but I just wanted to make sure the I wasnt the only one experiencing this.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
that has happened to me as well. another thing is when i have my qwerty out and im typing, sometimes the orientation will change from landscape to portrait and all my text will be wiped clean :( im saddened by this but whatev i still love this phone bc of the physical keypad.

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is something that they are going to be able to fix ota ir if its going to be a warranty thing where we have to go get new phones.

Where would we call to complain about this and possibly get a fix for it?
So far this is the only thing that bothers me about the phone and its not even anything major. The phone rocks otherwise.

hammondnav

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not experiencing this either. After seeing this thread I specifically tested it again, and it's not happening.

You may want to do a factory reset and if it's still happening just swap it out while you still can.

Krgdesigns

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It is happening to me and my girl on hers, I hope they have a fix and I have already done the factory reset on mine and it still does it

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Please keep me posted on this and give me as much detail as possible on this. I report issues that manifest on the forums to our device teams weekly.

Thanks.

Matt
Sprint Product Ambassador Team

Reactions: star444

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok the most detail I can give you is this.

When typing with the actual keyboard everything starts out fine with typing all letters are hitting coreectly and then all of a sudden the screen seems to jump upward into your previous texts with that same person and stops all typing. To get back to where you can type again you have to take your finger and scroll down to the "tap to add text" to even start typing again. Usually on a prolonged text it only happens once but I have had it happen 2 times in one text here recently.

keylow

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got my evo shift today and I noticed this happening quite frequently. Ive probably sent around 50 text msgs since I have had the phone and this "screen shift" issue has happened around 7 times.

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that when I a texting multiple people at once it happens more frequently when other messages are coming in. When it notifies me that there is a text it will almost always do it. But then it still does it occasionally when I am just starting a converstion with someone and no other message are coming in. I do believe this needs to be fixed by htc or sprint.

pennpre

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I looked up this forum (and signed up) just to see if others were having this problem. Hopefully signing up will help me find an answer!

The only though I had was that perhaps I bumped the volume rocker, though that and the D-Pad don't scroll the screen.

What's even more annoying is that the active window switches to the texts above, so typing is interrupted and requires scrolling down and re-focusing on the text-entry box.

The only thing I could think of was shutting off the auto-brightness (wild goose chase) and that did nothing.

Hope somebody figures this one out...

keylow

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My concern with this issue is if it is hardware related and I need to get a replacement phone.

If it's software, well then I guess we wait for a update from HTC.

Quacker87

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well ive got the insurance on this phone so if its a hardware problem I will be covered for the duration of the phone. My buddy got the shift and his was doing this and he decided to take it back and get the EVO. He's a phone whore so hes already not happy with that either and is wanting the shift back lol. I love this phone and am gonna stick with it. Yea its a little annoying but I've had so many problems with my last blackberry (8330) that this is nothing lol.

sb65

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was just me .... I am having this problem as well. It probably happens every other time I text someone. I thought I was just doing something wrong. It is not a big deal, but it is annoying and I am now wondering if it is HW or SW related.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer