Peep, Friend Stream, and Stocks keep running.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I did a quick search and didn't find anything directly about this.

Every once in a while after a reboot of my phone it has an issue where it is always awake. Usually I just need to reboot again and that is fine. But today I started to see which app may be constantly running I noticed Peep, Stocks and Friend stream won't stay off. This may not be the actual issue I am having but it really is annoying as I'm sure it in some way affects my battery.

I have everything unlinked to friend stream, sync turned off for twitter, and stocks there is nothing to update either. The only thing I have sync on for is Facebook for HTC that links my contacts, the status stream is turned off.

Is there no way to get Peep and Stocks to stay off without rooting and removing them forever? (perhaps I just should anyway, I don't trade stocks and Peep is a lame Twitter client)

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Titanium backup!!!!!!! It deletes everything you love to hate :)

Edit: as long as you are rooted or temp rooted.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I did a quick search and didn't find anything directly about this.

Every once in a while after a reboot of my phone it has an issue where it is always awake. Usually I just need to reboot again and that is fine. But today I started to see which app may be constantly running I noticed Peep, Stocks and Friend stream won't stay off. This may not be the actual issue I am having but it really is annoying as I'm sure it in some way affects my battery.

I have everything unlinked to friend stream, sync turned off for twitter, and stocks there is nothing to update either. The only thing I have sync on for is Facebook for HTC that links my contacts, the status stream is turned off.

Is there no way to get Peep and Stocks to stay off without rooting and removing them forever? (perhaps I just should anyway, I don't trade stocks and Peep is a lame Twitter client)

Not sure what is causing your awake issue it is most likely an app you have installed you could try listing your apps and we can test to see if we can duplicate the issue.

As for the apps running like Peep, Stocks and Friend stream they are not using any resources unless you open them or have it pinned to one of your start screens. Think of it like this you have a block of memory its empty you turn your phone on Android systems powers up this memory space its always on it has to be so rather than leave the space empty Android systems is going to fill the space with something it thinks you will use. You have no control over what it puts in that space but as you open more apps the default stuff will be replaced with what you are using. If you kill those apps Android systems will then refill the space so bottom line killing those apps will actually cause you to use more battery so don't worry about what is opened just ignore it and use your phone as usual and let Android systems handle the memory.

fwv3232

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Those 3 applications (among others) are native to the phone - if you don't want the wake time or dead space savers for those apps, then just go into applications/running and force stop them.....however, as Big D5 said those apps aren't really using any resources if you are not accessing them (via widget or other linking program like gps for maps). I would be more concerned about the 'services' that are acutally running and on official 'up' time and stop those.....just my 1 cent!

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Regardless if they are pulling in info, running in the background is still running. But they are not the main concern it seems. Also force stopping them doesn't work which is the whole issue here, but uh thanks for the advice I guess.

I'll get you a list of what apps have been downloaded Big D5. I'm not sure I've had the awake issue at all in the last week but I'm still curious about it.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I took a different approach. I installed spare parts and used that to keep tabs on my battery. This morning my battery was almost dead and like before it had stayed awake all night. I checked Spare Parts and looked under Partial Wake Usage and Facebook was sitting there at the top 100% use. I had one notification in the bar from facebook, so this may be the issue. Next time I get a notification from facebook I'm going to leave it sit and see if it keeps my phone awake.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89