Does Sprint have any plans of releasing a 2nd Gen of the Shift?

turfster26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an Evo 4G, however my wife is due for an upgrade and she wants a slide out keyboard. Not too thrilled with some of the features on the Shift; ie: front facing camera, etc and would like to know if HTC and/or Sprint has any plans in the near future on a 2nd generation of the EVO Shift?

Any insight on the rumor mill would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks again.......

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice

I have an Evo 4G, however my wife is due for an upgrade and she wants a slide out keyboard. Not too thrilled with some of the features on the Shift; ie: front facing camera, etc and would like to know if HTC and/or Sprint has any plans in the near future on a 2nd generation of the EVO Shift?

Any insight on the rumor mill would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks again.......

I haven't heard anything about a "next generation" Shift. I would imagine it will be a while, though, since it was just introduced a few months ago. I really like my Shift, and it's even nicer with Gingerbread 2.3.3. My fingers don't work well at all with touch keyboards, so the hard keyboard is a must for me. Pair that with the Swiftkey app and it's perfect for me. By the way, Swiftkey works great with both keyboards. (The X Beta version is very buggy, so stick with the current version until it comes out of beta in a few months.) I would love to have a front-facing camera on the Shift, which is why I almost opted for the Samsung Epic. But the HTC quality was the deciding factor. Maybe in the next generation (please HTC)

Treat your wife to the current Shift, w/Swiftkey added, and she'll thank you.

Last edited:

cooknn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my Shift. And with Gingerbread I am not so tempted to look for something else. All I really need to keep me happy for a long time is Sense 3 with an OC'd kernel that can handle it - and not kill my battery.

Down the road I hope with see a Shift 2 with Dual-Core processor and at least 1GB RAM, front facing camera, HDMI, higher pixel density - and native Sense 3. I totally dig the Gorilla Glass screen. Coming from a plastic Pre minus, this phone is a masterpiece. It's not a beast, though. I want a beast :p

turfster26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Great info...I think I may keep her in her BB Bold and wait out until the Fall '11. I sense a Shift upgrade and/or HTC curve ball with a new device opposite the 3D.

Keep the rumors coming...many thx.

cooknn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm cool with LTE. There is only one Sprint 4G tower in my town and it's out of range. In the mean time, AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon all of 4G in my area :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez