Thoughts on Flyer

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
In the case of the Thunderbolt....the OTA is more about carrier (Verizon) control of the device....thus they try to force the update....which quietly brings along the new Verizon software as well..... D

Thanx for that post, that makes soooo much sense....

and why does it NOT surprise me Verizon "forces their update on you whether you want it or not?! " I don't call them the Phone nazi's for nothing... Just walking in any Verizon store is enough of a turnoff with their stale selection of phones and high prices, but if you ever had them as a carrier you'd know what slumlords they are....

I'd rather resort to two tin cans to call ppl with, a pen, paper, envelope & stamp to message ppl with, a poloroid camera to see instant photos & a set of enclyclopedias to "google" with BEFORE i would ever be a customer of Verizons..(does it show how much i despise them?! lol

oops sorry dint mean to rant, back to the Flyer... How's this? "i love my Flyer so much, if it were ONLY available on Verizon, i'd buy it...." (not really but trying to keep the post on topic : )

BTC

Last edited:

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So...I got two for $99 each from Best Buy. It's like my Thunderbolt, just bigger. I do enjoy the screen size, and holding portrait and thumb typing is great. I have been holding out on a tablet, and now I know why, its just a much bigger phone without the phone. I do like it, but not all apps are compatible, I guess I am hoping for honeycomb to make improvements. I am struggling at giving the other to my mom as het first internet device since it is such nice hardware, but hey, only $99!

Am i reading this right $99?

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Am i reading this right $99?

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

Yeah it was a Best Buy "oops" and they soon pulled it and price went back to $299.00 .. Couple of lucky ducky's got it for the $99.00 price...Still "a steal" in my opinion (Its original price just 2 months ago was $499.00) ... Great unit ...love it more with each use : )

BTC

morbidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Got it for $99 as well. Even with the stock ROM it worked great, but I just don't like stock. So put a custom gb rom. Deleted phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk and getting phenomenal standby times now (10% loss in 15hrs).
Love sense UI, but i guess my trusty Thunderbolt got me into it. No interest in the pen gizmo though.
Also have nook color and touchpad, flyer beats both hands down!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Got it for $99 as well. Even with the stock ROM it worked great, but I just don't like stock. So put a custom gb rom. Deleted phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk and getting phenomenal standby times now (10% loss in 15hrs).
Love sense UI, but i guess my trusty Thunderbolt got me into it. No interest in the pen gizmo though.
Also have nook color and touchpad, flyer beats both hands down!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk

Which ROM? I haven't found one for the Flyer and the GB phone ROM I tried on mine didn't fill the screen.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some people in the Tbolt forum who've mentioned that they kept refusing the Gingerbread update, but that eventually it pushed to their phone anyway, so that's what I was asking about. As far as the 8 screens go? What the hell are you guys filling them up with? I have two completely blank still. It seems a lot handier for me to use folders on my main screen to get to everything, so I end up not taking advantage of the other screens.

I use GO launcher with FOURTEEN screens at the moment. I like me some widgets. I lost the carousel, but I'll live.

Sent from one of my gadgets

dstrauss#IM

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some people in the Tbolt forum who've mentioned that they kept refusing the Gingerbread update, but that eventually it pushed to their phone anyway, so that's what I was asking about. As far as the 8 screens go? What the hell are you guys filling them up with? I have two completely blank still. It seems a lot handier for me to use folders on my main screen to get to everything, so I end up not taking advantage of the other screens.

I just use the spread gesture and quickly switch screens in the same way you do folders. That's why the call it "personal" computing. Above all, the Flyer, at it's new price point, is the best tablet out there (I've owned an iPad, iPad 2, Nook Color (CM7), Galaxy Tab; and test drove Xoom and Asus Transformer). The size and responsiveness are unparalleled. Build quality far exceeds anything short of an iPad, and with Touchdown it syncs EVERYTHING with Exchange (notes and tasks included - although I noticed that iOS 5 can now do that on the iPhone at least).

Just wish I'd snagged a couple of those inadvertant $99 specials. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno