Q2 Release

Mxh 5891

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I find it kind of odd they say its going to be released in Q2 and they are shooting to update it with Honeycomb in Q2 as well.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Who knows, maybe this thing will end up launching with Honeycomb if that's the case. I wouldn't put it past HTC...I just worry because it's it's so skinned.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Who knows, maybe this thing will end up launching with Honeycomb if that's the case. I wouldn't put it past HTC...I just worry because it's it's so skinned.

well thats what rooting is for! We all know there will be vanilla Honeycomb ROM's out there... plus all we have seen is there skin for the current OS could look vastly different being that Honeycomb API's make room for the larger screen size, who knows...

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What's been HTC's track record with providing promised updates in a timely manner? Coming from a galaxy S phone I've become real wary of promised updates.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
What's been HTC's track record with providing promised updates in a timely manner? Coming from a galaxy S phone I've become real wary of promised updates.

I've had the Evo since launch and if I'm not mistaken, we got the froyo update when they said we would. Also, I want to say we got it only a few months after launch. (It launched with 2.1)

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just looked into it, Froyo hit the Evo in late July 2010. It launched in early June. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, HTC delivers updates in a timely manner.

bclapper

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Just looked into it, Froyo hit the Evo in late July 2010. It launched in early June. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, HTC delivers updates in a timely manner.

Very true. People need to consider this is HTC and look at HTC's history not every manufacturer as a whole.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I will wait until after Honeycomb is released. I don't mind Sense on Froyo but I love and want stock Honeycomb.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not too concerned with the update, since I will probably root it. For some reason I am not concerned with flashing roms to a tablet since to me a tablet is an accessories, while my phone is more of a necessity. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress