best custom rom..what are u using?

armychris28210

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
trying to find a good custom rom. not too buggy.faster than stock,maybe a better radio... whats ur fav./suggestions?
guess a good stock custom...free wifi,a bit overclocked,sprint crap removed<i can remove it,but hey...if its already done...>

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
IcedHoneybun with OC flash...(lite version has all the sprint junkware removed) by beezy420...deff the best...

and hes doing a v.2 soon based on the .6 OTA update...

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Fresh roms are the best I've used. There are a lot on the xda-developers forums. He also has a radio you can flash.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Icedhoneybun lite v1. v2 is up, but I haven't tried it yet. I tried a bunch of ROMs last week and honeybun is the most stable I have found. No problems since I used the correct OC kernel, and very fast/smooth. I used overclock widget from market set to 710.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
trying to find a good custom rom. not too buggy.faster than stock,maybe a better radio... whats ur fav./suggestions?
guess a good stock custom...free wifi,a bit overclocked,sprint crap removed<i can remove it,but hey...if its already done...>

There are a lot of roms to choose from on xda. As for radio if you had the official 2.1 then you should have the newest radio,check your baseband version if its 2.42.01.04.27 then you have the newest radio. I try most roms but i run mine as my everyday rom. The perks of mine are look just like stock,wifi tether,You can remove the stock apps you don't want with a file manager(i use astro).The big thing that i like and makes the phone run way better to (me) is custom memory management its like a built in task killer but in the good way.

armychris28210

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah....im on fresh 2.1.2....i think its a great custom,its also the first ive ever tried though, so its my threshold of what a custom rom should be... but im somewhat of a pureist..i like memory and speed, but not alot of excess...id like to be able to overclock as well....

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah....im on fresh 2.1.2....i think its a great custom,its also the first ive ever tried though, so its my threshold of what a custom rom should be... but im somewhat of a pureist..i like memory and speed, but not alot of excess...id like to be able to overclock as well....

Flipzmode maker of fresh roms does some great work.I think there is a flash able zip to have oc on fresh rom.As for memory its not really a big deal on android(see pic below) i have below 50mb and my phone is still running just the same as it would with 80+mb. To get the most internal memory then a rom that still has odex files would have the most.Only thing with roms that still have odex is you lose out on most themes.Wipe,flash and test them all til you find one you like.lol

armychris28210

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah..i think im gonna wait for your v.3 to change it up.and you also touched on something i was curious about...not to hijack my own thread, butafter each rom install, should i do a wipe/etc? i got everything else kinda down pat...just not sure after loaded what comes next to clear out things.. thnx again...

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah..i think im gonna wait for your v.3 to change it up.and you also touched on something i was curious about...not to hijack my own thread, butafter each rom install, should i do a wipe/etc? i got everything else kinda down pat...just not sure after loaded what comes next to clear out things.. thnx again...

Haha your getting ahead of me v.3.lol no i do have something in mind;) As for wipe you do that before you flash a rom not after.In recovery the black/green menu you would wipe the top three choices data,dalvik,ext. Then flash a rom.

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
Your good. Just if you go to try a different rom,wipe then flash.

I know there are already numerous tutorials on how to backup, wipe and flash. But could you do a quick writeup on how to flash icedhoneybun v.2 for users that are already rooted please? Or point me to one if it already exists already.

I have read your posts, but I'm still confused with all the options. oxed and deoxed, lite, supatch etc.

Thanks ;)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I know there are already numerous tutorials on how to backup, wipe and flash. But could you do a quick writeup on how to flash icedhoneybun v.2 for users that are already rooted please? Or point me to one if it already exists already.

I have read your posts, but I'm still confused with all the options. oxed and deoxed, lite, supatch etc.

Thanks ;)

Odex it has the same file set up as stock,has a lot more room to install stuff(apps).
Deodex has less files,but takes up more room on the phone,It's easier to theme and flash fix's.(I run Iced-v.2)
Lite is for people that don't need facebook,twitter,footprints,and stocks.
You don't need to flash any patchs for the roms ive updated all of them,just forgot to take the patchs down..
How to flash and this goes for any rom(usually)....
First download the rom,place the zip on your sdcard(not in any file).
Power off phone.
Hold the home key and hit power(still holding home)
Recovery should pop up after few seconds.(black/green menu)
Do a nadroid backup(if you want to or haven't lately)
Then choose wipe(wipe data,dalvik,ext)
Then choose flash zip from sdcard.(Flash the NameOfRom.zip)
Once complete reboot.

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
Another couple of questions for Beezy420

Odex it has the same file set up as stock,has a lot more room to install stuff(apps).
Deodex has less files,but takes up more room on the phone,It's easier to theme and flash fix's.(I run Iced-v.2) This is the one I will try then.
Lite is for people that don't need facebook,twitter,footprints,and stocks.
Is this all it removes? what about sprint nav and TV? Also what about my previously installed apps? contacts, sms and email settings?
You don't need to flash any patchs for the roms ive updated all of them,just forgot to take the patchs down..
How to flash and this goes for any rom(usually)....
First download the rom,place the zip on your sdcard(not in any file).
Power off phone.
Hold the home key and hit power(still holding home)
Recovery should pop up after few seconds.(black/green menu)
Do a nadroid backup(if you want to or haven't lately)
Then choose wipe(wipe data,dalvik,ext)
Then choose flash zip from sdcard.(Flash the NameOfRom.zip)
Once complete reboot.
Now once complete, is it possible to use this method to reflash my backup using this same method? I see that my previous backup produced .img files and not a zip file like your rom

Last edited:

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
not quite sure what you mean. If you mean to restore your Nandroid then just boot into recovery, wipe, wipe and wipe, then restore your nandroid.

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
not quite sure what you mean. If you mean to restore your Nandroid then just boot into recovery, wipe, wipe and wipe, then restore your nandroid.

ok when you say wipe, wipe wipe I take it you mean data,dalvik,ext?

Also what if I have more than one backup stored on the card? I get to choose which to restore?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
ok when you say wipe, wipe wipe I take it you mean data,dalvik,ext?

Also what if I have more than one backup stored on the card? I get to choose which to restore?

Yeap wipe data,dalvik,ext. If you have more then one nadroid on the card you have to chose which one to use.
(Thanks flip;) )

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
Yeap wipe data,dalvik,ext. If you have more then one nadroid on the card you have to chose which one to use.
(Thanks flip;) )

And there were a couple more questions in bold above. If you would please.

Is this all it removes? what about sprint nav and TV? Also what about my previously installed apps? contacts, sms and email settings?

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
And there were a couple more questions in bold above. If you would please.

Yeah wiping washes away everything and you have to re enter passwords.