Bluetooth problem - rooting fix?

Jase

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm one of those folks that has had nothing but problems with my Hero since the OTA 2.1 patch. The bluetooth, which used to work flawlessly, only works about 10% of the time. Dialing numbers (not from contacts, but manual number entry) sometimes takes 20-30 seconds to place a call. Sometimes the phone doesn't even ring when people call. Other annoyances such as lag and input being ignored....

Would rooting and putting on a custom ROM fix any of this?

I'm considering rooting anyway, to check out some of the custom roms and be able to improve battery life, but I was curious as to any usability benefits.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to run stock Sprint 2.1. I could make one phone call right away, then hang up and try to dial another number, only to have to wait 30+ seconds before it'd actually dial. Terrible.

I wiped and flashed IcedHoneyBun, and I haven't had the problem since. There's a minimal amount of lag when dialing the second number (less than 5, maybe 10 seconds at the extreme), and only if I've got a lot already going on the phone.

I never had any bluetooth problems, but if you're going to fix the dial lag issue by rooting and using a custom ROM anyway, that may also get fixed.