Can't End Calls

ClawedGorilla

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
I've seen a similar thread that involved Facebook Messenger calls but I'm having issues with the built in phone app.
  • Many times since the last couple of updates, when I attempt to end a call with someone, the screen goes to the "Call Ended" text, but the call does not end. In fact, the only way to get the call to end is to power cycle the phone.
  • I'm also having issues when making a call to a number that requires input such as when entering the PIN for my voicemail where no input is recognized. This is especially frustrating when paired with the above issue when trying and failing to check my voicemail quickly results in me having to power cycle my phone.
  • A third issue is that sometimes when making calls, the recipient will answer, but I keep hearing the ringing as if they have not picked up. The only option is to end the call and try again, which again, when paired with the first issue is extremely frustrating when you need to make a quick phone call.
Has anyone else see this or know how to fix it? Is it a known bug they plan on fixing soon?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I realize it can be a hassle, but Safe Mode would be the best way to determine if this is a system issue or a problem due to a 3rd party app.

Do you have anything like TrueCaller installed?

ClawedGorilla

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
I don't have any 3rd party calling apps on my phone. Probably the closest thing to that would be the Microsoft Teams app that allows me to make calls from it.

Is Android safe mode similar to Windows safe mode where most services do not work? I use this phone for work 24x7 so leaving it in Safe Mode where someone wouldn't be able to reach me for a day or two would not be ideal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode disables any 3rd party app you installed. All preinstalled apps should still work, though.

Are you using Microsoft Launcher? I might be misremembering, but I think Microsoft Launcher might cause mysterious alarms in some situations.

ClawedGorilla

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
What I could do is try entering Safe Mode and making a series of phone calls to try and replicate the issue.
I'm not familiar with Microsoft Launcher so I don't think I have it.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I moved your thread from the Android 13 forum to the Galaxy S21 forum, since this is unlikely to be a general Android 13 issue.

ClawedGorilla

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
I did try to clear the data and force stopping, but it did not help. And, as feared, the issue has gotten worse. It seems every call now I need to power cycle my phone to get the call to end.

ClawedGorilla

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
I didn't do that yet, but I did contact Google Fi support about another issue and they recommended that I put my phone in airplane mode for 15 seconds, take it off airplane mode, power the phone off for at least 20 seconds, and then power the phone back on. That seemed to do the trick oddly enough, I haven't had the issue reoccur for the last two days. Not sure if it's a long term fix or if it will work for everyone, but that's the solution for now at least.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej