Looking for some advice

Hitt

May 28, 2010
Visit site
A few months ago I rooted my phone using this method [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5) - xda-developers and installed CM 6.0.0. through ROM Manager. As you can see from the link, the root method is no longer working and my phone tells me that I am no longer rooted. I am wanting to install CM7 RC2 but I can't do that without the root. My question is, can I re-root my phone and if so, how? I am thinking that I can start from scratch by reseting my phone and wiping my sd card but I am not sure. I would appreciate any feedback or help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
A few months ago I rooted my phone using this method [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5) - xda-developers and installed CM 6.0.0. through ROM Manager. As you can see from the link, the root method is no longer working and my phone tells me that I am no longer rooted. I am wanting to install CM7 RC2 but I can't do that without the root. My question is, can I re-root my phone and if so, how? I am thinking that I can start from scratch by reseting my phone and wiping my sd card but I am not sure. I would appreciate any feedback or help.

To determine root access you can download terminal emulator and open it. Type su and press enter. It should return #. If not, it will return $, which means you do not have root access.

Either way, here are apps that you can use to root the Hero: [APP] z4root - xda-developers
One click Root APK for CDMA Hero - xda-developers

Download one of the two apps and use it to root the phone. You will also need ROM Manager to install a custom recovery - get it in the market for free or the paid (not required) version for the extra's and to support the developer. Be sure to make a Nandroid backup once you have root access just in case you ever need to revert back.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Reactions: Hitt

Hitt

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I opened ROM Manager and selected backup current ROM. After selecting "ok" when asked ask to name the ROM, my phone restarted and now has been stuck on the white HTC screen for the past ten minutes. What's up with that?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash the ROM first? Try taking out the battery, put the battery back in and hold home+power. It should take you to the Custom Recovery if you flashed it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you back up an running? To backup the ROM you need to use the recovery. Power on and hold home. When the recovery loads select Nandroid. That's how the ROM is backed up. I've never done it through ROM Manager.

Hitt

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When I power on and hold home I don't have the option to select Nandroid.

It says, Clear Storage: Delete all user data? <ACTION> Yes <SEND> No

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You dont have a custom recovery installed. Download rom manager from the market and choose flash clockwork recovery. It will ask you to confirm the phone. Select the hero CDMA and install the rom. It will finish and may ask you to reboot.

When it reboots, power off. Wait a few seconds and hold home+power. It will load into recovery. Nandroid is located in the list if menu options. Let me know how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer