2.1 widgets and battery drain

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if there is any widgets that cause more battery drain than usual. I have the youtube widget and facebook widget on one of my homescreens. I was told that my battery drain is higher than usual and I was just wondering.

My battery drain source says that cell standby and phone idle causes the most battery drain. Then, sometimes apps will say that there is more usage than what I know has been used. Like for example, it'll say that I used maps for 50% when it says usage time is only like 4 mins. Sometimes it'll do this for other things also like camera.

My usual awake time is like 3 1/2 hours by the time I reach 50% and i would say that the time uaage is fairly accurate. But it just seems like my sleep time is low, and other people have been reporting that they can get like a day and a half of battery life.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I am signed into all my accounts and have auto-sync set to on from the power widget. I use the HTC battery widget to tell me the battery percentage, and the highest sources of drain are cell standby and phone idle. I am going to start using the auto-brightness to adjust my display.

It is now 5 pm here, and my phone is at 37 percent. I had it in my pocket at work all day (took it off the charger at 6:30 am, did some browsing during our 2 ten min. breaks, and have been using it heavily off and on from 2 pm until now). My friend at work has a Droid, and he says he can get like 2 days of battery life before charging. He said he doesn't get on the internet at all, but that it does pull his mail in for him automatically, which means he can't turn off 3G because it has to stay connected for mail, so perhaps it's just Sprint's radios. Must be nice though.....

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is a fun game. Add a HTC widget then call your phone, see how long it takes to ring. Then remove the widget and see how many rings it takes. I've done the ring lag fix.and with certain widget combinations I'll get four rings before my phone rings once.