SD Card issue - any ideas

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I searched for this for a while before posting but still don't have an answer...yet :)

Anyway, I got a call form my wife this afternoon. She has a Hero with a 2gb card. She realized her old MetroPCS phone has a 2gb card full of mp3's. She thought she could pop the hero SD out and put the PCS one in and listen to the songs. Well, at some point she realized she wasn't able to, so she put her Hero SD card back in and rebooted the phone. She told me when it came back on she had lost all the 8 hours of work I'd done on the phone (you know, wallpapers, apps, icons for contacts, contacts, etc. etc.) Since I'm at work and no where near her, I suggested she go into settings and see if the SD card was mounted. She looked and said it showed it as being mounted.

That's kind of where my ideas stopped, lol. I've never had this problem with my Hero and am not sure in which direction I should go when I get home to look at her phone. FYI, she JUST got it and I didnt get a chance to back her SD up to the home PC (I know, shame on me!)

Thanks all!

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
most likely when she put the MetroPCS card in, it reset all the file locations. when she put the hero card back in, the locations had already been reset, so they didnt find them.

had she mounted the card in recovery and copied the mp3 to a puter, she could have avoided the whole thing.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
if she didnt properly Unmount the sdcard then it was possibly corrupted as well. hopefully both cards arent messed up now. try reading them on an sdcard reader on the pc. good luck.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all. I got home last night and took a look at her card. All of her data (pics, contacts, etc) was there, but just not stored anymore in Sense (Dont know if I even said that right). I mean, her scenes and stuff were gone. I did have to reinstall all her apps (thankfully we still had them all through Appbrain). After a little work, it's back to normal for the most part. I think her issues started by her not unmounting the SD card correctly.

Thanks again =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty