Post All Hero 2.1 Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
RUMOR ALERT...
I asked a manager over at best buy about the update and he showed me the same thing that was posted on the Home; EXCEPT... He also showed me an email he just got saying it that it was already available on the HTC website. He refused to let me take a pic of the screen, of course. I checked and it wasn't on HTC's site yet... hopefully soon.

smstutler

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright first of all, I am sick of the rumors. Second, the Samsung Moment upgrade is already available to download from the Sprint web site:

Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment? with Google?

Just waiting on Hero now.

No thats not the 2.1 upgrade. Look further into the page and you will see this info.

Technical Specifications:
Dated: 2/19/2010
Software Version: S:M900.8.0S.CL14
PC Requirements: Windows 2000-SP4, Windows XP-SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7

lastdetailwd

Nov 14, 2009
www.lastdetailwd.com
No thats not the 2.1 upgrade. Look further into the page and you will see this info.

Technical Specifications:
Dated: 2/19/2010
Software Version: S:M900.8.0S.CL14
PC Requirements: Windows 2000-SP4, Windows XP-SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7

What is this for then? It's an 80-some MB file..............the instructions say it will erase your phone and tells you how to back it up. It HAS to be 2.1, right?

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize that the cellular south htc hero was not hosted directly by htc, but rather through their partner... Pcdphones.
htc told me that they don't have any info on an update for the CS hero. So I went over to pcdphones site and found the adr6250 for CS. they didn't list an update for it. I am going to email them to see if they have any plans to update it. I'll post back what I find out.

kennethmsmith

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
go figure... their findout email didn't work.. and I couldn't get a real person on their customer service line (well I didn't try that hard really). Now I see more rumors that the Sprint version will get an upate at Best Buy this week. AHHHHHHHHH! I hope the CS version gets the update soon too. Shouldn't be that different than the Sprint update.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
So they're seriously delaying it AGAIN? I really wish I could root my phone and be done with this nonsense.

Don't know where you're reading into this, but... No. That's not what they're saying.

Their Twitter account did release the following message:
Android users:Sprint continues to work closely w Samsung/HTC on 2.1, on track to be avail Q2. Sprint had hoped to have this resolved by now.

Sounds like they're in a blame game with HTC.

kelmar

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Source: Sprint 2.1 Eclair Release (HTC Hero & Samsung Moment) - Page 39 - xda-developers

attachment.php

shadow2578

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Cellular Souths release of android 2.1 will be available in june 2010. that is from the discover center at cellular south. course could be june 30th but hey its a start.course im debating on switching from the hero to the droid. is that a wise move or should i stick with the hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo