Is your Sprint Hero WARM/HOT when in use?

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed my Hero is warmer than all my previous phones. Are any of you experiencing the same? Is this normal??

Weird thing happened today. I charge my phone daily. I charged it FULL this morning and stuck it in my belt case with it OFF. Didn't touch it all day until now. 21:00 found phone warm/hot and turned ON. It had android "code" on the screen. Didn't make sense to me. I turned it off and on. It rebooted. It acted like it was a new phone that just turned on for the first time. It went through the setup screens. My Contacts were still there but I had to re-enter my google ID, my home WEP access code. Weird.

All is well now, but does anyone have a clue as to what may have happened??

What about you? Has this ever happened to any of you??

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
One further note, all my photos, email and contacts were intact but I lost all my applications I downloaded (Shazzam, Pandora, Bar Code Scanner, Wikimobile and ShopSavvy) although they are all listed in the My Downloads, they are no longer on my phone.

Still wondering what caused a Reset to loose apps but not contacts. photos???

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Haven't had any problems like that. In fact, my Hero consistently runs and charges cooler than any smartphone I've ever had. Perhaps your case is too tight?

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'd DEF take your device back! Sounds like a totally defective device; also mine runs cooler than any other phone I've had while in use, when charging and WHILE IN USE with CHARGING too. ;)

Monkey Brawler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Mine runs much cooler than any phone ive ever had. The explanation as to why your contacts, pics, blah blah blah were all intact is because when you put them on the phone and add your Google account to your phone, it syncs your gmail account with your phone contacts. Google sync is a VERY handy exchange server, you might want to look into a bit more and utilize the tools that come with this amazing phone aswell as Googles amazing web services.

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your input. I'll keep an eye on it. So far so good. Still getting just about a days worth of charge with moderate use. WiFi is off most of the time. Phone still seems warm when talking or using GPS. Probably normal because of CPU intensive apps.

aagd

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes.

Had my sprint hero for about a week, traded in my tour upgrade as two blackberries didn't make sense.

Notice that near the center of the rear door gets very warm durring charging and warm, almost hot when in hand for an hour or two playing around with all this android/htc stuff.

Bought my hero from a Best Buy and also noticed the "with google" logo on the battery cover is missing.

Everyone else I know with a sprint hero has the logo, possibly an earlier hardware build? Don't know but my hero is a hand warmer.

Oh, no case whatsoever the first week and apps/messanger addressed so awake time averages 2 to 15% depending on my usage.

-Jeff

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I used to have a Palm Pre before I switched to Hero, and that phone is the definition of hot. My would get ridiculously hot after ten minutes of constant use, and the fact that it was getting so hot caused the battery to burn out fast, I only had maybe 4-5 hours tops WITHOUT making any calls. Haven't had ANY problems with my Hero yet (knock on wood), and am loving it so far. Definitely best phone I've ever had, can't wait til' Sprint allows OTA updates to get 1.6 Donut update!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87