Locked myself out of my Hero

DaveW5150

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
One of my gripes about the Hero (only of a few though) is that it's WAY to easy to butt dial people. Every time I pulled it from my pocket voice search would be waiting for me to say something, or I'd dial someone. Anyway, until they come up with a fix for the "hit menu twice" to get in bug, I was forced to do the security pattern thing. Pretty cool, but I much prefer a keypad entry like an atm. Why? I forgot my little pattern. Did a battery pull with no luck. Anyone have a solution?

UPDATE: Apparently if you try too many times (like 50 or so) it lets you sign in with your Google account. Sweet. Still though, they really need to disable hitting menu twice to get in... my iPhone and Pre NEVER but dialed anyone, and I never needed to put a code on them.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
good to know about the 50 times thing and it lets you sign in.

I'd actually prefer them to give people a choice to disable the hitting home button twice thing. I dont keep my phone in my pocket so i have never butt dialed anyone and tapping home twice is easier for me than swipping.

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully won't be a problem for me, since I will have a pattern on most of the time and don't have very tight of pockets. But it is pretty nice about the Google account login. Unlike the iPhone. But it would be neat if they let you choose how you wanted your login, a passcode or pattern or whatever. Now that would be cool.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I have never had an issue with the "butt" dialing. And my phone stays in my pocket. How tight are you jeans? Just playing...I really dont want to know that. But how is this possible. Even if your phone does some how press the "Menu" key twice...It still has to press the green key...twice...

How is that possible? That seems really difficult...

DaveW5150

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I have never had an issue with the "butt" dialing. And my phone stays in my pocket. How tight are you jeans? Just playing...I really dont want to know that. But how is this possible. Even if your phone does some how press the "Menu" key twice...It still has to press the green key...twice...

How is that possible? That seems really difficult...

I wear really tight Jordache jeans from the 80's. I swear they're coming back. Sometimes I'd pull out the phone and it's on the voice search page (long press search button). My wife sometimes purse dials me. It's pretty bad. I hate the unlock pattern thing too, so I wish they'd fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore