Anybody know how to debrand the Legend

ferry99

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought one in England to use here in the US on T-Mo USA. Problem is Vodafone branded it to their service. So even though it is unlocked for voice, I cannot use the internet without debranding. I downloaded some files and followed online instructions but it is not working. HTC phones are tough to debrand. Any experts out there who can give me some suggestions? Thanks
Jeff

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to de-brand to be able to jump on to T-Mobile's data network. You just need to change some simple settings. I don't have an Android phone on hand right this second but you need to go to Menu> Settings> Wireless Settings> APN's. You need to delete the APN profile for Vodafone and create a new one for T-Mobile.

T-Mobile APN settings:
Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: none
Password: none
Server: *
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <not set>
MMS port: <not set>
MCC: 234
MNC: 30
APN type: <not set>

After you have done that, and assuming you have the correct data package on your account, you should be able to access T-Mobile's data network.

ferry99

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but not so easy

Thanks Mexican Dog but that doesn't work. Vodafone makes a big pain of itself. On the APN screen it is just black--they try to tie customers into their network. I continue to try to root the phone!

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Mexican Dog but that doesn't work. Vodafone makes a big pain of itself. On the APN screen it is just black--they try to tie customers into their network. I continue to try to root the phone!

I'm sorry man. That's weird though, I have never heard of any carrier blocking access to their phones APN settings.

I hope you find something that works for you.

infinit1

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is hit the menu button at the APN screen and you should have an option to add New APN. Then fill in as mentioned above (although I have MCC: 310 and MNC: 260).