Is rooting MyTouch 4G with 2.3.4 available yet?

jjbadd#AC

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all! 1st of all, I am loving my 1st Android phone (MT4g). I was stuck on Blackberry for years, until I just simply got too bored with BB. Not bashing BB, still love'em, just wanted to experience Android, to see what the hype was all about & I must say, I feel I chose a decent " beginner " handset in the mt4g. But recently as you know, Gingerbread 2.3.4 was released for my phone and I opted to go into a Tmobile store to get the SD method of the update as opposed to waiting on ota or the other ones that are floating around ( which I'm not saying there is anything wrong with), I just preferred the SD method at the time. But now I was wondering if "rooting" the mt4g with the 2.3.4. update is getting close to available? I would like to root my phone now, because I want to overclock it just a little. But if I understand correctly, rooting is necessary to achieve that? So that is basically my question, Don't I need to be rooted to overclock my handset? & also Does anyone know when it will be possible to root the mt4g with the GB 2.3.4 update on it?

** I have been told that I could downgrade to a previous gb version in order to root my phone, but I want to keep 234 **

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
** I have been told that I could downgrade to a previous gb version in order to root my phone, but I want to keep 234 **

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

This thread seems strinkly familiar to This one over @ XDA.

the long and short of it is no. You must downgrade to 2.2.1 then apply root, with s-off, then flash one of the various 2.3.4 or 2.3.5 ROMs that have SU and busybox kitchen baked into the ROM.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you want root, and willing to take the plunge, do as said and revert back to achieve root. Once you are there you can then flash any version of of rom you want, even 2.3.4 or choose another rom if you like.

pandaberry1214

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't really understand how to root my mytch4g. Can someone guide me step by step. I know i need to downgrade it. But I don't even know how to do that. My ex used to do that for me. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non