MyTouch started running very slow

yz450gn

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello all

I have a MyTouch 4g rooted and have been having a few issues recently. I am still using stock ROM and only rooted to basically remove bloatware.

The phone has been performing very slowly lately. Programs suddenly failing and needing to be force closed (MMS/Messages, Dolphin Browser, and multiple games) Notifications aren't clearing, emails are not being received and displayed unless i search for them. Quadrant scores are in low 1500's and smart bench is like 800/1200

Before i was at 2200 in quadrant and much higher in smart bench, but forget actual numbers

i know these are just benchmark tests but its a direct display of how much slower my phone has been running.

So my question, Does anyone know of a good method by which to factory reset my phone or what could be done? I havent installed any real new apps or anything i can think of

thanks and greatly appreciate any help

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
One of the better reset method would be to > Power phone off > Press and hold down both the power and volume down button until a bright screen come on. Tap power button once, and then follow steps to "Clear Storage" this method should get rid of the sluggishness.

*** Note ***
Any reset done to your phone will revert the phone back to its original state, thus erasing all data and modifications off the device.
PS. Welcome to the forums. :)

Good luck. √

yz450gn

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
thank you for reply

trying this method now

on the boot screen i see...
-fastboot
-recovery
-factory reset
-simlock
-image crc

under fastboot
-bootloader
-reboot
-reboot bootloader
-power down

not seeing a clear storage option anywhere

i am running 2.2.1 if that matters but i doubt that would change the boot menu

yz450gn

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I cleared cache, can't figure out how to do the dalvik cache,

Contemplating a full factory backup to 2.2.1 or 2.3.1
Arcadia, how do you like ginger bread? Do you still get to keep....
Htc sense? Swype? Front facing camera? Those would be my only concerns

Thanks again for all input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa