No tmobile hspa+

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
No 1700 antenna to get tmobile 4g.. basically you either have lte or you are stuck on edge..

Ridiculous for an unlocked $600 device!

Sent from my Nexus

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Me too. This is the only reason why I got the T-Mobile version and not the developer HTC One. No way I'm gonna only have edge speeds. This was the reason I left sprint lol

Posted via Android Central App

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile has started switching over many of their HSPA+ towers to 1900 MHz, so you can get HSPA+ (though rollout hasn't completed everywhere).

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
No 1700 antenna to get tmobile 4g.. basically you either have lte or you are stuck on edge..

Ridiculous for an unlocked $600 device!

Sent from my Nexus

But that's only a temporary situation. Which is probably why they didn't bother. The more the refarm and LTE projects are completed, the more this problem disappears. A much greater issue to me would be the loss of IR blaster and all the other unique things that stock android won't support.

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
But that's only a temporary situation. Which is probably why they didn't bother. The more the refarm and LTE projects are completed, the more this problem disappears. A much greater issue to me would be the loss of IR blaster and all the other unique things that stock android won't support.

Temporary in the cell phone business doesn't exist.. If in 2 years they will have all of the USA refarmed, in 2 years all the members of this forum will have new phones!
Htc could've used the same model that's currently using with tmobile, with the right antenna, and that's it..

Sent from my Nexus

RedSwedishFish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile has started switching over many of their HSPA+ towers to 1900 MHz, so you can get HSPA+ (though rollout hasn't completed everywhere).

It's pretty much non-existent on the east coast, except for in certain cities. I would not consider switching to the LTE version-only for at least another 2 years. In addition to lacking nationwide rollout, one big problem is that TMo's coverage is severely lacking as you travel between 4G or 4G/LTE re-farmed areas. Driving along the east coast over the last two weekends, I was astounded at the number of areas that had dead zones. It got so bad along I-76 that I had my Verizon Mifi connected, and would then connect my HTC One to my mifi over wifi to stream pandora.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm that sucks. I wonder what the Sprint one will have.. I'd assume the standard lte and CDMA.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Temporary in the cell phone business doesn't exist.. If in 2 years they will have all of the USA refarmed, in 2 years all the members of this forum will have new phones!
Htc could've used the same model that's currently using with tmobile, with the right antenna, and that's it..

Sent from my Nexus

It's pretty much non-existent on the east coast, except for in certain cities. I would not consider switching to the LTE version-only for at least another 2 years. In addition to lacking nationwide rollout, one big problem is that TMo's coverage is severely lacking as you travel between 4G or 4G/LTE re-farmed areas. Driving along the east coast over the last two weekends, I was astounded at the number of areas that had dead zones. It got so bad along I-76 that I had my Verizon Mifi connected, and would then connect my HTC One to my mifi over wifi to stream pandora.

Things should look quite different by the end of the year considering how aggressive they are refarming and rolling out LTE. Course I do realize that some people here are so impatient that even that would be asking too long. If that's the case than this phone is not for you and you should stick with a tmobile version or another phone. If the complaint is that tmobile has gaps in coverage where you travel, then maybe tmobile itself is not for you.

RedSwedishFish

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Things should look quite different by the end of the year considering how aggressive they are refarming and rolling out LTE. Course I do realize that some people here are so impatient that even that would be asking too long. If that's the case than this phone is not for you and you should stick with a tmobile version or another phone. If the complaint is that tmobile has gaps in coverage where you travel, then maybe tmobile itself is not for you.

I hope things will be better by the end of the year, but we'll see. BTW, I am not hating on T-Mobile; rather, just pointing out the realities of their network. (I've been a T-Mobile customer for over 15 years and I've never switched away from them.)

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, this kind of does suck. But you can always buy the T-mobile version, save $20, have it unlocked, root it, and put an AOSP ROM on it, which I am pretty sure will be available based on this phone when it is released.