Google Edition camera app w/ Photosphere - easy install, no root needed

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're getting the "app not installed" thing, let us know if you're using a stock ROM or something custom like CM.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Installed to my unrooted Vodafone HTC One X+ just fine. Everything works fine apart from photosphere which when you try and use it, it just closes the camera app all together.

ironman666

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
AWW, this broke the camera on my original stock non-root nexus 4.
I tried to go to video mode, then settings, tried 720p, didnt work, tried 1080p didnt work, then i tried "Timelaps mode" after enabling that, my camera app crashes. I tried uninnstalling updates on the camera/gallery app. But when i try to start the camera app nothing happens, it just waits for a while then i get the error "Camera Error - Can't connect to camera"

Pls help :(

Edit: Nevermind, i figured it out, I cleared data, then tried it, still no good, but a good old reboot seemed to fix it. :=)

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
AWW, this broke the camera on my original stock non-root nexus 4.
I tried to go to video mode, then settings, tried 720p, didnt work, tried 1080p didnt work, then i tried "Timelaps mode" after enabling that, my camera app crashes. I tried uninnstalling updates on the camera/gallery app. But when i try to start the camera app nothing happens, it just waits for a while then i get the error "Camera Error - Can't connect to camera"

Pls help :(

Edit: Nevermind, i figured it out, I cleared data, then tried it, still no good, but a good old reboot seemed to fix it. :=)

I was gonna say... Works fine on mine :)

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Only bug I see on the S4 is when you're taking pic it shows as 16:9 even if you have it on 4:3 but when the picture is taken it does show as 4:3. Anybody know how to solve this?

GS4 Love

calec

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
You have Photosphere on your RAZR MAXX? I just have pano but everything else seems to be working. Hmmm

Edit: Mine is running 4.04 as it is not a Droid.

Last edited:

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Installed fine on my Droid 4, but no go on Photosphere. Just panorama, regular pic and video. I like the UI, but feel like I may be missing some features of the normal camera. I will play around with it and report back.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Installs on my HTC one but utter rubbish, blurry and useless. I guess this will be because it's the s4 version? Did I miss something or can someone upload the version off the htc one Google play edition as well?

Posted via Android Central App