HTC One must have apps??

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
What are your HTC One must have apps? I started completely over with this phone and did not transfer anything from my old phone! I had Lookout installed but i heard it was a huge battery drainer. Any other Security apps i can use? And what are your 5 Must have apps?

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Try avast for security. The 5 must have would depend on what you like to do with your phone, what your hobbies are, etc. Feel free to share yours.

I like social media apps, Waze, Springpad, Flipboard, Opera

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Try avast for security. The 5 must have would depend on what you like to do with your phone, what your hobbies are, etc. Feel free to share yours.

I like social media apps, Waze, Springpad, Flipboard, Opera

Well im having people share theirs because my phone is an app wasteland right now haha i will check out avast

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Security? For what?

Sent from my brilliant HTC One

Virus Scannng. I had lookout security that came with the phone! I never actually had any securty apps on my evo 3D and used to download tons of paid apps from the internet and never had any viruses, but i figured with a phone this awesome i dont want anything to happen to it

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just to add, I have never downloaded any anti virus apps, and never had any issues either! Are viruses common among smartphones now?

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to add, I have never downloaded any anti virus apps, and never had any issues either! Are viruses common among smartphones now?

Notsure i never really cared for any antivirus apps, but considering the large ecosystem of android phones i would say viruses are becoming a growing trend! Especially since with androids you can just go to 4shared.com and download basically any app you want for free, some people can toss viruses in those downloads when you install them. I tried to install an app yesterday that i had on my evo 3d and when i opened the app it said "welcome to sega facebook please enter your facebook info to play this game " and i was like this is obviously fake and somebody is trying to steal my facebook info

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I think anti virus apps are useless..

Just read an article in blinkfeed that 35 apps were taken out of the app store today because they had malware in them that would steal phone numbers and put trojan viruses on your device. These apps were downloaded by 9 million people so i think thats a good reason for anti virus

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeap. You always have a chance of getting some malware with Android devices even if you only get apps from official store...

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ANYWAYS back to the OGtopic guys i need some new apps and games to test out this phone! Preferrably free games since i dont believe in spendign money in the play store, but if you have some good recoomendations for games I can always download them online from my phone and pray that they work correctly which used to not be an issue

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have never been a fan of power management apps but I tried Battery Guru by suggestion, and I love it. Gives me additional battery life on my old phone. Have it now in learning mode on my One.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It's a bit steep at $15, but Next Launcher is just beautiful on the One. There is a 3-day demo version available to give you time to mess with it and use it to get the feel before dropping cash.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Swapps! Must have. It's so nice. I don't use the usual home screen and app launcher anymore.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I think anti virus apps are useless..
They are not useless. The other day I was in Walmart and left my GS3 on a display. After about 15 minutes I realized I didn't have my phone. When I noticed it I went back to all the displays but it wasn't there.I almost freaked out but then I remembered that I had the anti virus LookOut on it with the Missing Device option. Just as I was about to use my wife's phone to locate mine, I saw a 10 year old with a case like mine. So I asked her and her mother if they found that phone and the mother said no, she bought it months ago. I saw the display was the one I set up and stayed nearby so I could make my phone scream. I activated Missing device with a store security with me And got my phone while having the family detained for suspicion of theft.

Don't discount the value of LookOut.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Life 360 is a must have app for me

Me and my daughter use it a lot

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member