Power Button Sunk In

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Well after looking at a half dozen handsets, it appears that totally flush is the way its supposed to be now, oddly enough. All of them had it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and the T-Mobile rep I had said 'you only get one exchange and then you have to pay the restocking fee', a statement which I cannot find anywhere in their return policy. And j just noticed this one has a little funky texturing in the plastic by the power button.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369100503214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369100503214.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369100537363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369100537363.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 71

discoverydavid

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Well after looking at a half dozen handsets, it appears that totally flush is the way its supposed to be now, oddly enough. All of them had it.

So you looked at a bunch, and they all sit flush?
This is a serious concern of mine.

The build quality of the HTC is horrible. The edges don't sit properly and the housing isn't cut precisely enough.
Just like your picture. If I run my finger across the top of my phone, it gets bumpy because the housing isn't cut properly. This phone has some serious quality issues.
I've read so many things online about it.

I love the phone, but this is super annoying

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you looked at a bunch, and they all sit flush?
This is a serious concern of mine.

The build quality of the HTC is horrible. The edges don't sit properly and the housing isn't cut precisely enough.
Just like your picture. If I run my finger across the top of my phone, it gets bumpy because the housing isn't cut properly. This phone has some serious quality issues.
I've read so many things online about it.

I love the phone, but this is super annoying

I think it's supposed to be flush. The plastic part just looks like it got handled too early while the plastic was still soft. Not a huge deal.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Since tapatalk won't let me add images to my last post, here are some pics of what the power button looks like. (Yes, it really is that flush)

ara8eveq.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369116881689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369116881689.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369116892028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369116892028.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 51

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had two phones, and both of mine were almost flush, and taking no effort to push down. Neither were tilted to one side or the other. I just checked to see if mine rocks from one side to the other like one poster mentioned and it doesn't. Seems perfect to me, may want to return yours if it bothers you.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
^Wow, that is more flush than mine. Mine sits about 0.3mm above the housing.

Yeah just exchanged mine today due to a few dead pixels, and the new one (built on may 8th) has one like you describe. It also lacks a lot of the other flaws I've seen. (Still has a couple dead pixels, but they're in the notification bar so almost impossible to see during normal use)

NineDrizzy

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. After noticing the same issue on my HTC One I quickly did some research and found alot of models are like this except at some or most Best Buys. I went to return my HTC One to my local T-Mobile store and explained to them what the issue was, and the man agreed it was faulty. Upon further inspection all the phones he checked had the same issue. Im not sure what the deal is but I hope HTC acknowledges this issue and releases a statement. Unfortunately theyre releasing a Google HTC one later this month.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and the T-Mobile rep I had said 'you only get one exchange and then you have to pay the restocking fee', a statement which I cannot find anywhere in their return policy. And j just noticed this one has a little funky texturing in the plastic by the power button.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's that bull**** t mobile kills me with you can call four times in a day and get four different answers or policies just keep calling till one helps you I have mine for a week and the button is sunk and has a gap after some ******** I got them to send me a new unit without first sending mine back.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's that bull**** t mobile kills me with you can call four times in a day and get four different answers or policies just keep calling till one helps you I have mine for a week and the button is sunk and has a gap after some ******** I got them to send me a new unit without first sending mine back.

I've actually been through 7 now, all with a variety of screen defects. I'm still within the return so I'm contemplating just exchanging for an S4. I love the One, but 7 devices all with the same defect just doesn't sit right with me.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
just got my Verizon one today, no screen issues, a minor gap across the top, and i do have the lopsided power button.

its going in an otterbox, so all i care about is the screen

radioone

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my VZ One. My power button sits almost flush with body. It's even all around.

This is my 2nd phone. The first upon opening the box had a gap in top housing-- I returned that.

Dakotabaker98

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same way. only mine is worse. mine is the worst ive seen so far. it is about 3 mm in on the right side then on the left about 2 mm below the body. Its ridiculously hard to push with no tactile feed back.... REALY HTC!!

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same way. only mine is worse. mine is the worst ive seen so far. it is about 3 mm in on the right side then on the left about 2 mm below the body. Its ridiculously hard to push with no tactile feed back.... REALY HTC!!

I'd return it for another one then. I guess I got lucky because my ONE is perfect.

Jeniffer Felix

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
my samsung galaxy tab 4 power button is exactly like that since i bought it, and each time i switch it off/on it seems so sunken more and more its pissing me off, i dont even know what to do.

el sessero

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
it seems that best solution for people without guarantee here is to use d2tw (double tap to wake) feature that is avaiable with some custom kernels, you dont have to use your power button anymore (maybe to turn airplain mode or reboot, what doesnt happen too often).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay