Is blinkfeed useful?

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes... I just wish more apps were available. I don't want to have every tech site on the just to get the ones I like. Such as AC! So I leave them out. But I still like it overall. It's not my home page though.

Posted via Android Central App

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I use it multiple times a day. I really like how it blends whatever topics I've chosen into a mixed stream of interest, and they also mix in my social network messages well with news stories to make it feel truly like my personal feed of all things I care about.

I almost always stick to the "Highlights" view, and definitely am hoping for more customizable sources in the future, as well as more apps feeding into it. (Perhaps with its unexpected popularity more app developers will be motivated to code for it).

How much I like Blinkfeed was one of the biggest pleasant surprises for me with this phone!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's great but needs to be more customizable. I switched to Nova Launcher Prime after a few days so I'm not sure if they upgraded it.

Take Sports...I only care for NFL and Hockey (just the Playoffs) but the only option is "US Sports." Seriously?!? I don't care what happens in other leagues like NBA, MLB, MLS, etc.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It's great but needs to be more customizable. I switched to Nova Launcher Prime after a few days so I'm not sure if they upgraded it.

Take Sports...I only care for NFL and Hockey (just the Playoffs) but the only option is "US Sports." Seriously?!? I don't care what happens in other leagues like NBA, MLB, MLS, etc.

I've always had that option since day one. Unless you're talking about something different.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368981619377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368981619377.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 75

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It's especially useful for the apps it contains. Like associated Press just set it to AP and you have a constant live feed of all the AP articles. Great?!

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
It's awesome. But like others have said, I wish I could add more apps and news sources to it. That'd be sweet.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I like it a lot but like most people who replied I don't use it as my homesceen. But I fund myself looking at it several times a day.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
IMO it has very limited usefulness due to lack of features and customization. Flipboard is 10x better.

No. Flipboard is not better. Flipboard hangs, and it's not the fault of the phone. Does the same thing on my tablet. Which is a Samsung. i find Flipboard difficult to navigate because of the hanging problem. I agree that Blinkfeed could use a few more feeds, but if you choose trending topics, you will get the best choices of what is available.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO it has very limited usefulness due to lack of features and customization. Flipboard is 10x better.

No. Flipboard is not better. Flipboard hangs, and it's not the fault of the phone. Does the same thing on my tablet. Which is a Samsung. i find Flipboard difficult to navigate because of the hanging problem. I agree that Blinkfeed could use a few more feeds, but if you choose trending topics, you will get the best choices of what is available.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, there are like 12 options under sports, including college baskeball, motor sports, NHL, Tennis, etc.

In fact I don't see "US Sports" at all so I don't know what you are talking about. Are you not in US? Maybe it is different in your country?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

No, flipboard is buggy. I like blinkfeed better. Blinkfeed gives me the full story whereas flip board often gives only a snippet and then dumps me into a neutered web browser.

Last edited:

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I like Blinkfeed, just wish I could select my favorite sport teams as I don't care about the others.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central forums.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No, flipboard is buggy. I like blinkfeed better. Blinkfeed gives me the full story whereas flip board often gives only a snippet and then dumps me into a neutered web browser.

I use flipboard on both iOS and android and have no issues with it at all. HTC would have been wise to have made a deal with flipboard like Samsung and baked it into the OS. That would have been a winner.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I use flipboard on both iOS and android and have no issues with it at all. HTC would have been wise to have made a deal with flipboard like Samsung and baked it into the OS. That would have been a winner.

Blinkfeed just works better. Baking in an app that is available from the app store seems pointless. On the HTC I can get flipboard if I want, but on the S4 you can't get blinkfeed.

Seems HTC is the winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress