Screen Unlocks During Bluetooth Calls

rtmorris00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm experiencing an issue with my screen unlocking during Bluetooth calls. I keep my HTC One in my pocket and when a Bluetooth call is initiated from my Bluetooth kit in my car, the screen unlocks and stays on. When the call is finished the screen stays on and I'm having an issue with "buttons" being pressed and starting texts, dialing people, etc. I've also found that if I lock the phone after the call is initiated, the phone is again unlocked when the call is ended. I'm using one of the built-in lockscreens without a passcode. Is this how the phone is supposed to function? If so, any workarounds or apps to resolve this? Thanks!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Try using a different lock screen that uses a passcode or swipe up to unlock and see if it helps. Also, uncheck your "auto brightness" and set it at 30-40% to help with battery life when screen comes on using BT. Also check to see if there is a BT update for your car kit. It is normal for your screen to turn on making/receiving a BT call but it should turn off according to your screen time out settings. BUT, you said you keep your phone in your pocket? Sounds to me that the sensors (auto brightness, etc.) are keeping the screen active OR while using BT, your jeans/shorts are touching the screen keeping it active.

I would try whipping it out :) and using BT while it's sitting on your lap. Turn off auto brightness (set to 30 or 40%) and use a different lock screen. If it works, then try all the lock screens. If not, you might want to try a factory reset...maybe at setup, the software got wonky.

BUT my guess is that you just might need to set the screen timeout to its lowest setting while being in your pocket. This might help accidental touches of the screen by jeans/shorts.

Hope this helps!

Nick600

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Did anyone find a fix for this? I havean HTC Butterfly/Droid and it does the same thing. I leave my phone in my pocket, and use a bluetooth headset, but when I have an incoming call or make a call the screen wakes. It obviously detects my leg (through my pants?!?!?!?) and decides that i am trying to press buttons... It hangs up, sends emails, texts etc. Really, really annoying. Is there an app that will force the screen to stay locked? Or a setting that makes the screen stay locked?

Cheers.

Nick.

P>S To all the developers.. I'd pay for an app that does this! Hint Hint....

JollyRocker

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having this problem described with my HTC One M8, however it only seems to have been a problem since my latest update to Lollipop 5.0.1.
I receive/make calls using built-in car bluetooth kit fine. But even though my screen is pattern locked it still wakes in my pocket and then I either end calls or dial numbers etc with my leg! I've discovered that the screen is waking to ask which audio output method to use i.e. normal phone, bluetooth or built in loud speaker. So it's waking and waiting for input which opens it up to a whole host of other button-presses!!
Any fixes for this yet?