HTC Sync Manager for the One

Laurin Turner

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I got my HTC One four days ago and I love it to bits.
My problem? The Sync Manager.
Since last night, it would crash every time I tried to sync my phone to it.

Based on what I'm finding in the forums, this is a highly common problem. I would like to remove the media I placed on there with the manager and delete it for good. Is there anyone who knows how to do this without going through the program? Also, are there any recommendations on software I can use to sync my phone? If not, I can continue with the copy and drop method

I'm on a PC with 64-bit Windows 7.

-- Rin

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations Laurin, it is an incredible phone.

I haven't seen this problem but I don't really use it that much. I mostly just sync music and I use something else for that. Is it the latest version? Any updates for your computer?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Rin, HTC Sync Manager, in my opinion should be avoided. It causes more problems that it attempts to solve. You are better off simply plugging your One into the USB of your computer and then copying and deleting stuff off of the phone's storage that way. This is what I recommend you do to remove the media you have already put on the phone. Just go into the appropriate folders and delete the files you put on there that you don't want there anymore.

If you want something to sync music and such on the phone, there are many discussions about that on here. I can't remember off hand what the names of these applications are, since I do not use any of them.

I "manually" copy files to and from my phone if I need to. But, because I use Google music for music, I don't need to do any syncing anyway. It is all automatic. And, for photos I use DropBox's Camera Upload feature which is also an automatic syncing process.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed it when I bought the One but it just took a couple of minutes to see it was worthless (to me) so I uninstall it.

With the backup to Dropbox of HTC included, there's only need to sync photos, music and videos. I've been using J. River Center for my multimedia needs and it can sync or transfer from and to any device.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I never used HTC Sync Manager ever since my One X. I always either use drag and drop or snyc using cloud/wireless services. In my opinion, HTC Sync is one of the downfalls about HTC.

Fallen Spartan

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Based on what I'm finding in the forums, this is a highly common problem. I would like to remove the media I placed on there with the manager and delete it for good. Is there anyone who knows how to do this without going through the program? Also, are there any recommendations on software I can use to sync my phone? If not, I can continue with the copy and drop method

I'm on a PC with 64-bit Windows 7.

-- Rin

I've had the same issue. I use HTC Sync Manager for syncing emails, contacts, meetings etc with Outlook at work. Worked fine on my OneX, but hasn't worked once with my One. Anyone know of an alternative for syncing emails, contacts, meetings etc with Outlook?

Ta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87