HTC Email App Typing Issues with Non-HTC Keyboard

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Sprint and recently updated my phone to the 1.31.x version of 4.1.2. I use the Google keyboard available in the Play Store.

Has anyone noticed that when typing in the stock email app, it doubles and triples words when attempting to autocorrect? It makes typing emails nearly impossible. I oddly did not notice this before the update.

In the bugs thread, someone posted a similar issue on 4.2 using SwiftKey. Perhaps it's an issue with any non-HTC keyboard with autocorrect?

Regardless, it's annoying and I really don't want to buy TouchDown just so I can deal with my work email properly.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when typing in the stock email app, it doubles and triples words when attempting to autocorrect? It makes typing emails nearly impossible. I oddly did not notice this before the update.
Yup.. I had the same issue. I kept trying to correct a word, and it kept duplicating itself. I just ended up selecting and deleting everything in the email before retyping it.

I'm using the Google Keyboard on (unlocked) 4.1.2.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Try to clear data in settings/apps section for your keyboard. This may fix your issue. If not post back and I'll get back to you with other ideas when I can.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Try to clear data in settings/apps section for your keyboard. This may fix your issue. If not post back and I'll get back to you with other ideas when I can.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Interestingly enough, after a quick test, this seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Jjeune

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup, been noticing the same when typing a messages with Google keyboard using the Email app on my T-Mobile HTC One. It's been really annoying to say the least. Will try clearing the cache and see.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. This issue only affects me when using Google's in the stock email app. I even opened up a thread asking about making keyboards default to specific apps (which no one replied :( ) Looks like I have to keep switching to Swiftkey for emails and keep Google for the rest of the time.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd report the error to Google. Since multiple people are having a problem they'll be likely to update it with a fix fairly promptly. The more reports they get, the faster they are to allocate resources in order to remedy the situation. Good luck.

mepand

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue.
It started only after I updated to HTC Sense 5 with Android 4.2.2

Sent a letter to HTC technical support.
Anyone have a solution?

ctaydus

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Just tack me on to this list. My only real addition to this is that the problem seems to occur with any HTC stock app Tasks, the Notes app, e-mail, and text messaging.

I'd love to see a resolution to this!

Thanks
Chris

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I get this too using Google's keyboard. What a pain! Has anyone found a fix?

I am having this issue on a Nexus 5 but only when using Facebook (in Chrome, not the app). Backspacing causes a word to repeat itself over and over again. I usually refresh the page and start over. This is not a consistent issue, and I haven't found any pattern for when it's occurring. It seems to fix itself after while, and then return again randomly.

Letitbe

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, been using swype and swiftkey but one got stuck and the other one was too slow,
I am using the Ginger keyboard now and it works perfect for me.
I am using HTC M8 and this keyboard seems to do the work (so far)