Fetching attachments

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I know there is a simple solution to this, but can not find how to correct it. When I get a business call emailed to me, and I try to open the small .wav file, I always get fetching attachment. This process takes forever, and sometimes, I even have to back out of the Gmail app and try again. When I am in wifi mode though the attachment is instantaneous. Mind you when I am not in wifi, I usually have 4-5 bars and the small download still says fetching.

Is there a setting that I am missing that can correct this? Before this phone, my BB9930 was able to preview my calls without downloading the file and it was always instantaneous.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Your bars typically show your cell phone signal, and have little to do with your data connection (at least that's my understanding). You can have 4 bars but no data. You should see a data indicator of something like 1x, 3g or 4g (or nothing if you don't have a connection). If you're downloading a file, it's going to be dependent upon that speed (and of course how large the file is, although you specify that is small).

Does that help?

Last edited:

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue every so often as well. It has absolutely nothing to do with signal strength and almost as if the phone fails to trigger the download to begin. I could be in an area with notoriously great 5 bars of LTE and have this issue so that's how I know it's not a cellular data issue. Not sure what causes it but it usually works when I force close Gmail and try again.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Your bars show your cell phone signal, and have nothing to do with your data connection. You can have 4 bars but no data. You should see a data indicator of something like 1x, 3g or 4g (or nothing if you don't have a connection). If you're downloading a file, it's going to be dependent upon that speed (and of course how large the file is, although you specify that is small).

Does that help?

Always 3g and it is a very small way file

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89